WTF news and other odd stories

uiba99

I'd rather be at Allerton
Eh, it's Unit One. I won't lose any sleep over it.

-josh-

J
[YOUTUBE]2aXeO1E5bYk[/YOUTUBE]

I can't stop laughing at this video.

bmb777

B
[YOUTUBE]2aXeO1E5bYk[/YOUTUBE]

I can't stop laughing at this video.

at first I didnt think it was funny because I thought oh those poor cows, it probably killed them all. then noticed they all got up and started walking, so obviously didnt hurt them very bad. then it was kinda funny.

bmb777

B
Bartender fired for calling police, reporting DUI

http://www.10news.com/news/watercoo...devito-reported-a-drunk-driver-in-ohio-022713

When he left the bar, she called police. Officers later charged the man with an OVI or Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence, after blowing a .16, which is twice the legal limit.

you kidding me? she possibly saved someones life and she is fired for it? she should sue to get her job back.

I am biased though. I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. When I was a cop, if I got someone for DUI they got as many tickets as possible, their car towed, and sat in jail until they could pay the 500 dollars to bail out. I have seen too many people injured or killed by drunk drivers. My best friend was killed by one. I had a cousin killed by one. and my grandparents were seriously injured by one.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Hyundai apologises for suicide advert

Hyundai has apologised for an online promotional film that showed a man attempting suicide in his car.
The film - called Pipe Job - was produced by Innocean Worldwide Europe, a marketing communications company, and was posted on Youtube last week. It shows a man sitting in a car with the windows taped up and a hose from the exhaust pipe into the cabin.
He is seen taking deep breaths as vapour enters the car. Night falls and the man is seen leaving the car, his suicide attempt unsuccessful.
The car in question is the hydrogen fuel cell-powered Hyundai ix35: the tagline at the end of the advert reads: "The ix35 with 100 per cent water emissions."

[YOUTUBE]t5H4tHNedfE[/YOUTUBE]

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...id10|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=305975

VALLEY SPRINGS, Calif. — Authorities have identified the parents of the 8-year-old girl who was killed in her rural Northern California home Saturday.

In a hastily called news conference Monday night, Calaveras County sheriff's Capt. Jim Macedo identified the father of Leila Fowler as Barney Fowler and the mother as Krystal Walters.

The names of the parents had not been previously released.

As Macedo spoke, Fowler and Walters stood in the background and declined to speak. Macedo said Leila's parents wanted to convey their requests that their privacy be respected, but also that a memorial fund had been set up for their daughter. A vigil is also planned for Tuesday night at Jenny Lind Elementary, where Leila went to school

This story is sad on its own, but I learned that this young girl is the cousin of a friend of mine a former UI athlete. Just a really sad story.

Good riddance, one less disgusting individual to live out his life in comfort behind bars reading books, watching movies, and getting 3 squares a day while his victim and families are forever burdened by his deeds. I feel for his daughter but have zero sympathy for anyone else supporting him.

Dayton, perhaps someone else, I've seen mention of the lethal injection drug(s) several times recently and it seems as if there is a limited supply. Why is this? What's the story behind this being an issue? Is there a movement to boycott or otherwise restrict the pharmaceutical companies from producing them? Who is left that actually hangs these dirtbags? I want to say Kansas and Texas, but I'm not sure. Is electrocution the only means of killing these people that still has a strong foothold? It seems there is soon to be any lack of deterrent to make these individuals take pause before committing their heinous crimes.

WinOrElse

W

BES76

Kennewick, Wa

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL

Wow - it's like tornadoes in Oklahoma are a brand new phenomenon...

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Massachusetts Woman Sues The State To Stop Rapist From Seeking Visitation With Her Child

A Massachusetts woman is suing the state to stop her rapist from seeking visitation with the child conceived when he raped her as a 14-year-old, Courthouse News reports.

Her convicted rapist, Jaime Melendez, expressed no interest in the child until a judge ordered him to pay $110 a week in support, her complaint says. Melendez then filed a petition with a family court saying he should get visitation rights if he has to pay child support, ABC News previously reported.

The fact that the victim has to sue the state is ridiculous. :doh:

NutsyBaller

N
Kblee, that is insane....... how about the 3 low lifes that shot and killed a jogger for fun. 2blacks and one white suspects. They see the jogger running up the road and because they were bored they shot the guy in the back killing him. The guy was here from austrailia and on scholarship. They say he was a great guy. I saw his parents on tv, classy people. And then we have a thread on here entitled police out of control....who is out of control. I seriously doubt its the police. There is true evil in this world and thank god we have the men and women in uniform that will track these evil doers down and bring them to justice. I pray for the family of the jogger and im proud of our police for cetching these scum......oh forgot to tell you that after they were arrested they sang laughed and dance and no remorse, stated they were bored. They were also reported to be gang members.

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
Kblee, that is insane....... how about the 3 low lifes that shot and killed a jogger for fun. 2blacks and one white suspects. They see the jogger running up the road and because they were bored they shot the guy in the back killing him. The guy was here from austrailia and on scholarship. They say he was a great guy. I saw his parents on tv, classy people. And then we have a thread on here entitled police out of control....who is out of control. I seriously doubt its the police. There is true evil in this world and thank god we have the men and women in uniform that will track these evil doers down and bring them to justice. I pray for the family of the jogger and im proud of our police for cetching these scum......oh forgot to tell you that after they were arrested they sang laughed and dance and no remorse, stated they were bored. They were also reported to be gang members.

The Christopher Lane story sickens me - first for what happened, and second the media outrage - or rather, lack thereof. Imagine if the suspects were white and the victim was black.

Where's the outrage from Jesse Jackson? from Al Sharpton? Nope, nothing but crickets from them and the rest of the media.

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
or this one..

World War II veteran beaten to death by 2 teenagers in Washington parking lot

Police in Washington state are searching for two young suspects who beat a World War II veteran to death in a parking lot Wednesday night.

Authorities on Thursday released surveillance photos of the two suspects, who they describe as African-American males between the ages of 16 and 19

2 black teens beating an elderly white WW II vet to death.

Can't wait for all the outrage in the media :tsk: