Last edited:

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
"I would rather watch an exciting team lose than a boring team win"

-IllinoisLoyalty debut: approx. 2011
-# of references: 100+
-Career ended: 2017
-Bad Hot Take HOF Induction: November, 2018

I didn't want to be debbie downer but I did want to temper expectations on Giorgi but he has a loooooong way to go with understanding defensive spacing. He takes improper angles on help which makes for an easier dish to his man. He's got to understand blocking the passing lane and providing help simultaneously. This isn't to say the loss is his fault but to demonstrate we are so weak defensively in the front court.

Also, Groce was onto something with the 50/50 balls. We seem to lose almost everyone of those and never finish potential and 1s.

The good news is we don't have to listen to Bill Walton anymore. I think he's a terrible color guy who utilizes off topic color to compensate for his lack of research of both teams.

Idk all the details of his situation, but can we really afford to redshirt Samba Kane?

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
I didn't want to be debbie downer but I did want to temper expectations on Giorgi but he has a loooooong way to go with understanding defensive spacing. He takes improper angles on help which makes for an easier dish to his man. He's got to understand blocking the passing lane and providing help simultaneously. This isn't to say the loss is his fault but to demonstrate we are so weak defensively in the front court.

Also, Groce was onto something with the 50/50 balls. We seem to lose almost everyone of those and never finish potential and 1s.

The good news is we don't have to listen to Bill Walton anymore. I think he's a terrible color guy who utilizes off topic color to compensate for his lack of research of both teams.

Bill Walton was quite literally 100x more enjoyable than watching Illinois try to throw an alley-oop...

SKane

Tennessee
Double-teaming Xavier guys 30 feet from the basket did not work very well.

Chris Holtman took over a program that was 17-15 the year before. Hes 30-9 since.

Archie Miller took over a program that was 18-16 the year before. Hes 20-16 since with a nearly ranked team.

Brad Underwood took over a program that was 20-15. Hes 15-22 since.

These posts. Good heavens. Moronic.

Holtzman had experience returning ( that was good) and the Big 10 player of the year.

Indiana had considerably better talent than us last year.

Our best player, by the end of the year, was a Freshman.

Dumb.

Chris Holtman took over a program that was 17-15 the year before. Hes 30-9 since.

Archie Miller took over a program that was 18-16 the year before. Hes 20-16 since with a nearly ranked team.

Brad Underwood took over a program that was 20-15. Hes 15-22 since.

The first two would not come to IL.

BU got a raise that he probably would not get had he not come here.

??????

I agree on Giorgi. He needs to be more active. Seems like he is overly sensitive about not fouling and gives up position for rebounds. We were outrebounded 37 to 25 and gave up 57% FG. We didn't look hungry and didnt finish tournament well.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
They should offer a refund to every single fan that spent thousands to go to these games. Absolute embarrassment.

I think this offseason will be very telling of BU's chance at Illinois to be successful. After a lot of losing it looks like this season, he can't have a mass exodus again.

IllFanInMi

I
Clearly the natives are getting restless, but there remain some supporters here. To you I ask: What are the most compelling arguments you can make that would lead the natives to believe that BU is turning the program around? Not what could be based on ifs and buts, things that actually exist now.