Year 2 or Year 3?

Is this Year 2 or 3 of the Lovie rebuild/regime?

• Year 2

Votes: 51 89.5%
  • Year 3

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

FlyNavy

Los Angeles
At the risk of sounding like an antagonist, I must ask - why does it matter? We're not an SEC team with a "win now or else" mentality. Whitman and Co. are preaching patience as we try to rebuild the program, and I think most of the fan base is on board. I voted Year 3 in the poll because it's accurate, but if you feel better saying Year 2, then go with it! Lovie doesn't seem to care how many years it takes, just that the talent base grows and the team eventually improves for good.

If by Year 5 (or 4 or 6 or whenever) we are solidly in the second tier of the B10, then it's all worth it, way better than the flash-in-the-pan successes we saw in 2001 and 2007. If it doesn't work out, then we're in the same spot we've been all decade and will have to try something else. I just don't want to fall into the trap of a mid-level SEC team and get impatient. We have an experienced, proven coach at the helm that is doing all the right things to build a fundamentally strong program. I doubt anyone wants to go back to hiring MAC coaches.