Forums > Thread: Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2012-March 2013)

View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:20 PM   #4049
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgen View Post
I've noticed the same watching the ESPN games, but in the dozen or so AAU games I've watched he had zero issues with his ballhandling and passing. I've heard from some pretty solid sources in Chicago that Simeon is a very difficult place to play for some guys due to their depth, rotation philosophy, and deference to the star player as option 1 on all offensive sets. Same at WY. For some, it really limits their productivity and their flow while on the floor. Nunn, and the rest of the team at times, seem to defer WAY too much to Parker when playing a top ranked team on TV.

I'm sure some of this is expectations from coaching staff, which makes players tentative...and once that sets in, it is hard to get into a flow.

We'll see by next season, but in AAU he has looked stellar.
The few Simeon games I've seen have looked like free-for-alls with no structured offense whatsoever and no semblance of a rotation pattern. I know others will disagree, but it really does look like Robert Smith just rolls the balls out and says "Get the ball to Jabari." I'm not going to worry about Nunn unless he struggles after a year of coaching from the staff.
ChiTownIllini22 is offline Forums