Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2017)

Closed Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:41 PM   #1826
james81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINIShox24 View Post
Any chance we get a commit this month?
I don't see any verbals this month, although I hope I'm wrong. It's somewhat of a national set of dominoes. Some of our recruits are impacted by what other players do we are not even recruiting. If a commitment happens, my sense is it will be Conditt. My guess is 1 commitment in September and 2, possibly 3, in October. It could be a long 8-10 weeks.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:45 PM   #1827
Poe's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob07 View Post
I imagine you're joking, but Ayo wears #11.
Our did you find a second and separate homage to Dee Brown?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 01:45 PM   #1828
UCantHideYer
FWIW, a new 247 CB this afternoon for Ayo to us. Jonah Jordan (Memphis guy).
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:14 PM   #1829
Serious Late
Location: Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque via Chicago via Champaign via Peoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe's Law View Post
Our did you find a second and separate homage to Dee Brown?
Ayo is Dee Brown obsessed!

Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:25 PM   #1830
Adnarel
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHideYer View Post
I never count this as bad news, per se. I don't know, maybe all this CB smoke means something. I hope so.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:27 PM   #1831
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHideYer View Post
http://247sports.com/User/Jonah%20Jo...ort=Basketball

He has been correct on the only 2 previous commits since like April...so, it must be accurate then right?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 04:27 PM   #1832
skyIdub
Winged Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAZ View Post
http://247sports.com/User/Jonah%20Jo...ort=Basketball

He has been correct on the only 2 previous commits since like April...so, it must be accurate then right?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 07:11 PM   #1833
FC Illiniman
Ayo visit in September or waiting for the first week end of basketball practice?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 07:10 AM   #1834
james81
Here's why I think we've still got a shot at THT. As much as he may like MSU, Izzo has a lot of intense recruiting going on for at least 4 highly-ranked players with no more scholarships for 2018 (that also affects Henry). KU is also after multiple highly-ranked players, which also affects Ayo as well as THT. Those guys are currently backup options at KU. So if the windows close at MSU and KU, I'm not sure where that leaves THT. Maybe NW is still a possibility, but we may be in better shape than a lot of people think. Here's the interesting thing: based on the offers received, Griffin completely controls where he goes to school; Ayo and THT don't.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:01 AM   #1835
Indy Illini Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by james81 View Post
Here's why I think we've still got a shot at THT. As much as he may like MSU, Izzo has a lot of intense recruiting going on for at least 4 highly-ranked players with no more scholarships for 2018 (that also affects Henry). KU is also after multiple highly-ranked players, which also affects Ayo as well as THT. Those guys are currently backup options at KU. So if the windows close at MSU and KU, I'm not sure where that leaves THT. Maybe NW is still a possibility, but we may be in better shape than a lot of people think.
MSU will have a spot for 1 more next season. All boils down to who they want, because they have plenty of kids who are interested.

If MSU doesn't pan out that leaves him with Xavier, Iowa State, Ohio State, and many others.

Things are all quiet with him in regards to ILL. Really think it is very unlikely.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:03 AM   #1836
Indy Illini Fan
September could be a big month for ILL.

I'm hoping for Castleton, or Conditt to be locked down. Castleton has the OV at the beginning of September, and I have heard Conditt wants to get back down in September as well.

Plus, I am hearing Ayo may make a visit in September.

Amadou Sow is planning on visiting sometime, heard it could be after September though, because of the schedule he has with Prolific Prep.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:19 AM   #1837
illiniguy24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Illini Fan View Post

I'm hoping for Castleton, or Conditt to be locked down. Castleton has the OV at the beginning of September, and I have heard Conditt wants to get back down in September as well.

Amadou Sow is planning on visiting sometime, heard it could be after September though, because of the schedule he has with Prolific Prep.

Every month is a big month, amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Aug 11, 2017, 09:14 AM   #1838
skyIdub
Winged Warrior
Quote:

#septwinber ?
#wewillwintember ?
#septembermornwerecruitedtilthenightbecameabrandnewday

Edit: see what I did there

Last edited by skyIdub; Aug 11, 2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: I'm bored
Old Aug 11, 2017, 09:15 AM   #1839
ChiefIllini
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniguy24 View Post
Im having deja vu about a boy and a wolf at this point...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 09:20 AM   #1840
FC Illiniman
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniguy24 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Till someone commits, big or a chosen one, nothing will happen without visit . Castleton will be 1st ATM to come in and see the show. After that who knows what or who will come, IMO we won't see anything till closer to signing date. Something changes it would be because a recruit verbals after visit, and wants to be the first. My take on it.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 09:40 AM   #1841
JFGsCoffeeMug
BU:1 Trash cans:0
Every day is one day closer to the day when something finally happens.

Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:52 AM   #1842
IlliniKid
Quote:

INB4 nothing happens in September and October is a "big month".
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:09 AM   #1843
Indy Illini Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
Im having deja vu about a boy and a wolf at this point...
Just talking about how many high profile targets could potentially visit. Recruiting is fluid, and nothing is for sure until the pen hits the paper.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:28 AM   #1844
TCTORNADO
Griffin with a Pitt offer. Just further confirmation he is HM. Put me in the Griffin column.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:29 AM   #1845
james81
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Illiniman View Post
Till someone commits, big or a chosen one, nothing will happen without visit . Castleton will be 1st ATM to come in and see the show. After that who knows what or who will come, IMO we won't see anything till closer to signing date. Something changes it would be because a recruit verbals after visit, and wants to be the first. My take on it.
Castleton has gotten a lot of good offers this summer. The odds of us getting him have probably dropped. The fact he is visiting suggests we have a chance, but I still think Conditt is the first to commit. I could see that happening in September. I think Griffin could also verbal in September. I will be surprised if Griffin takes 5 visits, unless we are the last scheduled visit.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:32 AM   #1846
james81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Griffin with a Pitt offer. Just further confirmation he is HM. Put me in the Griffin column.
Earlier in the week, Griffin said, since it's hard to build relationships, he doubted he would open up his recruitment to new offers unless it was one of his dream schools. Plus he already had 4 of his 5 visits selected.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:02 PM   #1847
TCTORNADO
Must be Griffin offer day, because Hendricksen is saying Bill and Jerrance have offered him.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:06 PM   #1848
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by james81 View Post
Castleton has gotten a lot of good offers this summer. The odds of us getting him have probably dropped. The fact he is visiting suggests we have a chance, but I still think Conditt is the first to commit. I could see that happening in September. I think Griffin could also verbal in September. I will be surprised if Griffin takes 5 visits, unless we are the last scheduled visit.
Castleton up to #71 with latest Scout rankings. Ayo moves up to #28 . DeSousa At #41!!

http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Bas...oup=HighSchool

Last edited by TCTORNADO; Aug 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:12 PM   #1849
TCTORNADO
Just saw Tim Finke @ #166 on latest Scout rankings. Yikes!!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:13 PM   #1850
jmilt7
SBNation article: We asked you which college basketball recruits you wish your school got. Here's what you said.

Noteworthy because "Illinois fans get their own section"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...andrew-wiggins
Closed Thread