Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:19 AM   #176
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I'm calling it now, IL will have a recruiting class in the 30s in 2019.
This will be a result of Lovie's correction to the recruiting process with the early offers and better recruiters on staff. Add that to some more development evidence on the field, other than wins (cause we aint getting many), and the facilities upgrading.
It's gonna be fun!
this class will be in the 20s IF we can add about 20 guys
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:25 AM   #177
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeBeast View Post
Not sure how much stock to put in this "swami" (I know his history):


https://twitter.com/illscoopRyan/sta...00691743305735
people run him down and say he steals info, well I know for a fact he gets his info from the horses mouth and more times then not knows about it way before others. he just doesn't try to ruin kids day and tell stuff that he is told in private
#WWWSSTG
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:36 AM   #178
SublimeBeast
Location: Dieterich, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
people run him down and say he steals info, well I know for a fact he gets his info from the horses mouth and more times then not knows about it way before others. he just doesn't try to ruin kids day and tell stuff that he is told in private
#WWWSSTG
Not really the "story" I was referring to but I really don't want to bring it up/rehash it here. New info is new info!
SublimeBeast is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:42 AM   #179
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeBeast View Post
Not really the "story" I was referring to but I really don't want to bring it up/rehash it here. New info is new info!
yeah thats why I said run him down, none of us were there and none of us really know what happened or any of that stuff, but yet people act like they know the truth to it all. I am just saying the guy knows more about whats going on then people want to give him credit for. Lets me just say this, IF/When he is right people will say how he stole the info when he was the first to put it out there.
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:32 PM   #180
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I'm calling it now, IL will have a recruiting class in the 30s in 2019.
This will be a result of Lovie's correction to the recruiting process with the early offers and better recruiters on staff. Add that to some more development evidence on the field, other than wins (cause we aint getting many), and the facilities upgrading.
It's gonna be fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
this class will be in the 20s IF we can add about 20 guys
I am not going to veer from my original prediction. But maaaaan if we actually get Beason, Williams and Cooper....that is a great start to something that could be a special class!
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:32 PM   #181
Dude
https://www.landof10.com/illinois/il...-whole-program
https://illinois.rivals.com/news/riv...visit-illinois

Just saw this online

Last edited by Dude; Mar 9, 2018 at 12:38 PM.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:35 PM   #182
IlliniNation1010
https://247sports.com/player/logan-wilson-46040840

I was sure that we were all over Bishop Dunne. Surprised to see that we've not offered Beason's teammate Logan Wilson, Arizona & Iowa are on him. He visited last season, I assumed that we'd offered. I also think they have a very good WR. We need all the influences that we can to lock up Beason

Get on them Coach AHS
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:35 PM   #183
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
So we may have our starting qb for next year and no one has commented?
The way Werner talked, I took it as a fall back plan if the Arizona kid doesn't come. The ironic part, is this kid wanted to come here a few years ago and we gave his spot to that Lawson kid that never made the grades to actually get on campus.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:40 PM   #184
Dren1
Dren1's Avatar
Location: Glenview, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
So we may have our starting qb for next year and no one has commented?
It looks like he went to both Nebraska and Va Tech, two pretty good football schools. In between, it appears that he attended Iowa Western Community College. I believe we have had a few players from there recently, but not sure if that was under the current coaches or Beckman/Cubit.
Dren1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:55 PM   #185
JucoIllini10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
So we may have our starting qb for next year and no one has commented?

Stats at Iowa Western CC

Passing
52/114
602 Yards
3 TD
8 INT

Rushing
95 Attempts
285 Yards
3.0
5 TD
JucoIllini10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 03:04 PM   #186
ChiefIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JucoIllini10 View Post
Stats at Iowa Western CC

Passing
52/114
602 Yards
3 TD
8 INT
Yikes.
ChiefIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 03:13 PM   #187
mhuml32
mhuml32's Avatar
Location: Lubbock, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniNation1010 View Post
https://247sports.com/player/logan-wilson-46040840

I was sure that we were all over Bishop Dunne. Surprised to see that we've not offered Beason's teammate Logan Wilson, Arizona & Iowa are on him. He visited last season, I assumed that we'd offered. I also think they have a very good WR. We need all the influences that we can to lock up Beason

Get on them Coach AHS


Lovie likes tall corners, which is why I'm guessing that haven't offered.
mhuml32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 04:06 PM   #188
Sal Iacuzzo
Location: Yonkers, NY
We sure like VT football washouts....
Sal Iacuzzo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 09:55 AM   #189
Kramer116
Kramer116's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniNation1010 View Post
https://247sports.com/player/logan-wilson-46040840

I was sure that we were all over Bishop Dunne. Surprised to see that we've not offered Beason's teammate Logan Wilson, Arizona & Iowa are on him. He visited last season, I assumed that we'd offered. I also think they have a very good WR. We need all the influences that we can to lock up Beason

Get on them Coach AHS
I am pretty certain we have offered Logan Wilson, at least according to other sites.

2020 WR Zeriah Beason is obviously his brother, top recruit as well.

__________________
Hall of Fame:
"We will win. It is important" - Josh Whitman

Hall of Shame:
@TomCrean: I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?
"W.I.N.(T.) Whatever is necessary today" - Tim Beckman
"It's not ideal but for now, I don't think it'll put a dagger in the heart of the program" - Paul Kowalczyk
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:45 PM   #190
Pekinfan
Not sure we need a 5th year QB unless we can get a real game changer and that’s not going to happen.
Let’s let the 3 new kids and our QB from last year fight it out. Will be better for us in the long run.
Pekinfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:58 PM   #191
Joel Goodson
Joel Goodson's Avatar
Location: Elmhurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekinfan View Post
Not sure we need a 5th year QB unless we can get a real game changer and thatís not going to happen.
Letís let the 3 new kids and our QB from last year fight it out. Will be better for us in the long run.
Wut? Completely disagree! A competent grad transfer QB might save us. Operative word: might. But I'll feel a heckuva lot better with 2 QBs, than 1. The rookies are going to need seasoning.
Joel Goodson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 01:18 PM   #192
FiveStar
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekinfan View Post
Not sure we need a 5th year QB unless we can get a real game changer and thatís not going to happen.
Letís let the 3 new kids and our QB from last year fight it out. Will be better for us in the long run.
Uh if you can bring in a guy who has experience with the OC and the system you take him so your younger guys can get experience with the oc and the system.
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 01:37 PM   #193
South Farms
Location: south of Curtis, off 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Uh if you can bring in a guy who has experience with the OC and the system you take him so your younger guys can get experience with the oc and the system.
yup. I want that grad transfer from UAz that has experience with our new OC. Its the optimal scenario - open the competition for QB and see how he does with our Soph and the 3 frosh. Ideally , we get to redshirt two of the frosh and the other one of them gets a little game time experience.


I really hate going into next season with just Taylor and the 3 new frosh.
South Farms is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 02:45 PM   #194
Dude
I agree with the majority of these post. Adding a grad transfer QB will give the team the competitive environment they need at that position. Plus the ARZ dude gives us a better shot for at least 2 more wins. And for this rebuild to really gather steam, we need some more wins.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 02:55 PM   #195
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
I am pretty certain we have offered Logan Wilson, at least according to other sites.

2020 WR Zeriah Beason is obviously his brother, top recruit as well.
cousin I believe from other sources #WWWSSTG
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 02:59 PM   #196
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

EJ Holland crystal ball pick says Beason to Illinois. Werner also put in a crystal ball pick, but its behind a vip lock.
On his radio show he said Beason's family loves Lovie Smith. He, and the illiniswami tweet, has made me believe we are going to get this kid. I am waiting on the commitment tweet after his OFFICIAL visit personally.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 03:27 PM   #197
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Marquez Beason commits to Illinois

https://twitter.com/Ezmoneyquez/stat...84303422066688

BIG-TIME COMMIT: #illini land top-100 Texas athlete Marquez Beason

"It just felt like home," he told Illini Inquirer.

https://twitter.com/JWerner247/statu...84507814612992

Last edited by Dan; Mar 10, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 03:30 PM   #198
Joel Goodson
Joel Goodson's Avatar
Location: Elmhurst
Holy sheepstuff!!!
Joel Goodson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 03:32 PM   #199
drwillini
Both programs with positive news in consecutive days!! What is this, the 80s?
drwillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2018, 03:33 PM   #200
rockillini
Massive!!!
rockillini is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump