Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 10:45 AM   #326
Emerson Bigguns
I guess players wanting to leave or stay has to do with how much they value cold winters, and sweeping vistas of corn.
Emerson Bigguns is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 10:47 AM   #327
Greensboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
They're pretty accurate as a recruit gets closer to a decision. It doesn't mean that they're always right but I'd bet they're right over 90% of the time in the days leading up to a commitment.
meh, Okoro only has 5 CB's, looks like 2 PU picks jumped to Oregon. Sure a lot of times news breaks just before an announcement & you see last minute jumps...I think Golden had 1 of maybe 10 jump last minute, but so late he didn't get any points for it. But this doesn't look like that. This looks to me more like a quiet recruitment, mostly outside of the national attention, and 2 of the purdue picks think Purdue may have slipped a bit. I'd still bet the field against any of the 3 front runners.
Greensboro is online now Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 10:55 AM   #328
UCantHideYer
Jerry Meyer Oregon CB now. I think he too will just jump on the band wagon, so still hopeful.
UCantHideYer is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 10:59 AM   #329
Spoon House
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHideYer View Post
Jerry Meyer Oregon CB now.
crap

Come on, get that visit in.

Old May 8, 2018, 11:01 AM   #330
IlliniinIowa
Quote:
Jerry Meyer Oregon CB now. I think he too will just jump on the band wagon, so still hopeful.
Ok.....so when Meyer picks Illinois he's usually got some Intel but when he doesn't pick Illinois he's jumping on the band wagon. Hmmm. I always thought Meyer only picked when he's heard something. Guess we'll keep our heads buried in the sand.
IlliniinIowa is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:06 AM   #331
Mr Nice
"The Insider"
Quote:

Old May 8, 2018, 11:17 AM   #332
mhuml32
Quote:

This is not a good sign.
mhuml32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:23 AM   #333
t7nich
*checks transfer list to see what's available*
t7nich is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:27 AM   #334
Fighter of the Nightman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniinIowa View Post
Ok.....so when Meyer picks Illinois he's usually got some Intel but when he doesn't pick Illinois he's jumping on the band wagon. Hmmm. I always thought Meyer only picked when he's heard something. Guess we'll keep our heads buried in the sand.
When will this attitude cease? We have the most chicken little fan base in America, and there is at LEAST as much "poor Illinois, this will probably go wrong, too!" attitude as there is homerism here. DEFINITELY more than other boards, including programs that haven't been any better than us.
Fighter of the Nightman is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:37 AM   #335
Kyillini2
Oklro

My neice dated him for about a year. My hunch is he ends up at Illinois. I don't see him going far from home.
Kyillini2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:40 AM   #336
stuemke5
If no visit scheduled soon, too much smoke to Oregon to not be fire. Thatís all I got for now.
stuemke5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:45 AM   #337
jcgoldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuemke5 View Post
If no visit scheduled soon, too much smoke to Oregon to not be fire. Thatís all I got for now.
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:47 AM   #338
illini80
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuemke5 View Post
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:47 AM   #339
Newman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of the Nightman View Post
When will this attitude cease? We have the most chicken little fan base in America, and there is at LEAST as much "poor Illinois, this will probably go wrong, too!" attitude as there is homerism here. DEFINITELY more than other boards, including programs that haven't been any better than us.
There's room for optimism in our program, but the false hope just leads to panic when things don't go our way. Oregon has made the tournament 5 out of the last 6 years and has a top 25 program heading into next year. It's not like people are trying to be pessimistic but Okoro has seemed much more positive when speaking about Oregon than Illinois or Purdue.
Newman is online now Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:49 AM   #340
skyIdub
Winged Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeverly26 View Post
So hurry up and get to campus, SkyIDub!
Uhhh, this would only be a good sign for the Custard Cup and Monicals.
skyIdub is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 11:58 AM   #341
skyIdub
Winged Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Or he likes a team that got to the tournament at least once since he's been in the country? On top of a similar style that we can offer. Plus top of the line facilities and merch. The "$" crap needs to stop.
Exactly, and if you've never been to Eugene and the surrounding area....Central Illinois is never going to win that beauty contest. ( I love you C-U )
skyIdub is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 12:01 PM   #342
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by t7nich View Post
*checks transfer list to see what's available*
Josh Cunningham and Jordan Caroline??
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 12:26 PM   #343
greger
Well that dream was fun while it lasted.......
greger is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 12:32 PM   #344
kuhl84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Josh Cunningham and Jordan Caroline??
Martin twins both made the invite list to the NBA combine, Caroline not invited, FYI. Nevada's roster is garbage w/out the Martins.

The crystal balls on Okoro don't bother me...they exited Purdue because its pretty clear they are out. Not giving up until he commits somewhere...he's had ample opportunity to commit to Oregon, but hasn't. If no visit by Friday, I will lose hope.
kuhl84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 01:04 PM   #345
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyIdub View Post
Love it!

Old May 8, 2018, 01:08 PM   #346
t7nich
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhl84 View Post
Martin twins both made the invite list to the NBA combine, Caroline not invited, FYI. Nevada's roster is garbage w/out the Martins.

The crystal balls on Okoro don't bother me...they exited Purdue because its pretty clear they are out. Not giving up until he commits somewhere...he's had ample opportunity to commit to Oregon, but hasn't. If no visit by Friday, I will lose hope.
He wasn't going to commit anywhere before getting clarity on the reclassification.
t7nich is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 01:11 PM   #347
kuhl84
Not true. He wonít have official clarification on reclass from NCAA for quite some time. That wonít stop him from committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kuhl84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 01:15 PM   #348
Joel Goodson
Quote:
Precisely.
Joel Goodson is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 01:16 PM   #349
IlliniinIowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of the Nightman View Post
Guessing you don't understand sarcasm in my final line do you?
IlliniinIowa is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 01:53 PM   #350
3 point girl
Quote:
Not true. He wonít have official clarification on reclass from NCAA for quite some time. That wonít stop him from committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Altman from Oregon was all over him at the AAU Nike meet in Dallas.
3 point girl is offline Reply With Quote