Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 04:19 PM   #601
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
Following recruiting will drive you crazy. I wish I had taken the blue pill and continued to just cheer for the guys on my team(s) when they showed up on campus.

But, alas, once you've swallowed that red pill you can never go back to ignorant bliss.
I blame Shaun Livingston. I heard about his pending decision on sports talk, found an Illini blog, and have wasted 1000's of hours since then.
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 04:19 PM   #602
sacraig
Mad Scientist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzler22 View Post
Well unfortunately my pixel was dying every couple hours after a full charge, also it was extremely warm, too hot to touch sometimes. I loved the pixel ...about as much as Damone loved Stacy...
I'll admit, my battery life isn't what it once was, but I will just replace it with a Pixel 3 this fall. I can't switch because it has all of my saved autocorrects, like Damonte or Dosunmu. I can't be bothered to reteach a phone such things.
sacraig is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 04:22 PM   #603
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRucks View Post
She's had a pretty good career at Illinois.
Well played...
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 04:53 PM   #604
jcgoldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
Wooderson, you have earned your nickname with that association my friend.
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 05:02 PM   #605
BWilson25
Wooderson and Damone - possible thesis topic?
BWilson25 is online now Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 05:36 PM   #606
Sizzler22
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby View Post
If you can score me Pat Benatar tickets, we'll call it even.
I dated a girl that was almost related to Pat Benatar, so close.
Sizzler22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 06:09 PM   #607
coryfor3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illwinsagain View Post
I blame Shaun Livingston. I heard about his pending decision on sports talk, found an Illini blog, and have wasted 1000's of hours since then.
Magette recruitment got me back in 1996 or so.
coryfor3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 06:25 PM   #608
whatahack
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastillini View Post
Iím surprised there hasnít been more reactions to this post. Have people already thrown in the towel?
Once bitten twice shy....
whatahack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 06:26 PM   #609
Sizzler22
Quote:
Iím surprised there hasnít been more reactions to this post. Have people already thrown in the towel?
Supposedly Jim Matson put a lot of hope away.
Sizzler22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 06:36 PM   #610
Bailey
Quote:
check his posts for a good laugh
Bailey is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 07:44 PM   #611
tpbradley
Calloo to OK State.
tpbradley is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 07:54 PM   #612
drewillini89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbradley View Post
Calloo to OK State.
So... Okoro? I donít even know anymore.
drewillini89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 08:34 PM   #613
TCTORNADO
DJ Carton's final 6--IU, UM, Marq, Iowa, XU and tOSU.
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 08:35 PM   #614
FC Illiniman
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewillini89 View Post
So... Okoro? I donít even know anymore.
Without any solid info, we all wait and watch. The staff keeping the lid on all recruitment info, does get little frustrating, but it's the best way to let recruit do his thing. See what tomorrow brings, your not hearing anything about any new targets, I'd say BU has pushed all chips in on Okoro. Still like our chances.
FC Illiniman is online now Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 08:53 PM   #615
Indy Illini Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
DJ Carton's final 6--IU, UM, Marq, Iowa, XU and tOSU.
Not a big miss by any means. Staff isn't taking a PG or CG for '19.

He will be a great player I think. Hope he goes to Xavier.

Whitney is the priority.
Indy Illini Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 10:29 PM   #616
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniinIowa View Post
If you get this right, you'll become this board's ultimate insider.....
Not an insider, but once after a long night at Kam's, I was insideher...does that count...I see the door...
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 10:32 PM   #617
NBB1979
"Not an insider, but once after a long night at Kam's, I was insideher"

NBB1979 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 10:42 PM   #618
the national
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAZ View Post
Not an insider, but once after a long night at Kam's, I was insideher...does that count...I see the door...

Old May 10, 2018, 10:53 PM   #619
Hummus
Quote:
Originally Posted by t7nich View Post
Tevian is 6-7 and will get minutes at the 4 spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by afpharmdawg View Post
good point
I think that it is a great point. Tevian could conceivably start at either the 3 or the 4 depending on what kind of lineup / offense BU wants to run on any given night; it may also depend on whether Okoro commits.

Now, if we pull off a coup and land Okoro, a lineup of Ayo, Trent, Andres, Tevian, and Francis or Ayo, Trent, Tevian, Kipper, and Okoro would be impressive, especially for a team in its second year of a rebuild. Ebo, Samba, and Giorgi should all show development commensurate with their year / time spent with OA, but the former two should make solid contributions from the bench. Add in Andres, Aaron, and Da'Monte, the Da'Monte who hopefully has recovered to where he was when he was a Top-100 recruit, as our 6th man or a potential starter, and we will field very competitive team, one that will be making its return to the tourney.

I am a bit more hopeful about landing Okoro, but either way, I am very excited about this team now and going forward.
Hummus is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 11:33 PM   #620
Hummus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Illini Fan View Post
Not a big miss by any means. Staff isn't taking a PG or CG for '19.

He will be a great player I think. Hope he goes to Xavier.

Whitney is the priority.
I think that Whitney is A priority, but he certainly is not THE priority.

I think that we have two priorities: Whitney and Liddell. Those two plus one of any number of long, plus athlete, talented bigs or wings to whom the staff has extended offers (e.g., Cockburn, Tshiebwe, or Quinones), could complete what would very well be deemed a dream class should the staff make it a reality.

But in re: Whitney, I think he is the most likely to commit to Illinois as of today. Not only is he the most likely to commit to Illinois as of today, he is the most likely to commit the earliest (over / under: by the end of Summer). Whitney is good friends with Ayo (they friends and talk often), he has a very good relationship with both BU and Chin, he is a Mac Irvin guy, and while that does not guarantee a commit, given everything else, it certainly does not hurt, and even though he is in NJ right now, he is an Illinois native, which helps with respect to the family being able to see games.

Whitney will be a solid get. He is a plus athlete, he is long, plays above the rim, is decent defender, and is an all around very solid player. As for specifics, he is strong to explosive when attacking the basket, moves well without the ball, has a smooth stroke from 3, and is a plus passer with solid handles.

Last edited by Dan; May 11, 2018 at 05:55 AM.
Hummus is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 04:43 AM   #621
Ol Dirty Gamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus View Post
I think that we have two priorities: Whitney and Liddell. Those two plus one of any number of long, plus athlete, talented bigs or wings to whom the staff has extended offers (e.g., Cockburn, Tshiebwe, or Quinones), could complete what would very well be deemed a dream class should the staff make it a reality.

But in re: Whitney, I think he is the most likely to commit to Illinois as of today.
I donít think the Whitney recruitment is in the bag. Blue bloods have been sniffing him out lately, such as Duke; same with Cockburn who is starting to look more like a long-shot.
Iím also hearing the Liddell visit didnít go so well. The Orange and Blue appear to be his plan C or D. The staff isnít packing it up, but they have a clearer picture to possibly press harder on other potential recruits.
Ol Dirty Gamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 06:14 AM   #622
illiniguy24
It baffles me ESPN still hasnít updated Samba Kaneís recruiting profile.

Still a 2019 uncommitted prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
illiniguy24 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 06:33 AM   #623
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniguy24 View Post
It baffles me ESPN still hasnít updated Samba Kaneís recruiting profile.

Still a 2019 uncommitted prospect

Yes, if you were to rate the raters, you would say that ESPN has below average b-ball iq and not a good motor. At best a 3 star publication

Old May 11, 2018, 06:35 AM   #624
ivwilsoniv
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelYourPaign View Post
Yes, if you were to rate the raters, you would say that ESPN has below average b-ball iq and not a good motor. At best a 3 star publication
It does remind me of Jason Kidd, though.

Old May 11, 2018, 06:42 AM   #625
kuhl84
Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Gamer View Post
I donít think the Whitney recruitment is in the bag. Blue bloods have been sniffing him out lately, such as Duke; same with Cockburn who is starting to look more like a long-shot.

Iím also hearing the Liddell visit didnít go so well. The Orange and Blue appear to be his plan C or D. The staff isnít packing it up, but they have a clearer picture to possibly press harder on other potential recruits.

He (Whitney) will be a 5 star top 20 recruit by end of summer. If by some small miracle he comes to UI, he will be the highest rated recruit in the RSCI era ever to commit here.

kuhl84 is offline Reply With Quote