Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2012-March 2013)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:10 PM   #6626
Jphill1989
Banned
Location: Belleville/St. Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofIChE06 View Post
What is his number
he is number 25
Jphill1989 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:56 PM   #6627
cjcastan
cjcastan's Avatar
this is worse than the hawaii feed. then again it is a small town website.

__________________
The ball is round. The game lasts forty minutes. This much is fact. Everything else is theory
cjcastan is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:00 PM   #6628
IlliniByProxy
IlliniByProxy's Avatar
Location: St. Joseph, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcastan View Post
this is worse than the hawaii feed. then again it is a small town website.
Mine seams to be streaming along just fine. Only the play of both teams makes it difficult to watch lol.
IlliniByProxy is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:23 PM   #6629
combes
Heck of a shooter. Kind of player you are shocked when he misses.
combes is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:23 PM   #6630
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
I had Malcolm for 18 in the first half. Two layups, a layup + 1, a couple mid-range jumpers, a three, and four more free throws. Had a slow start (4 pt 1st quarter) but really took over mid 2nd quarter.
illiniobserver22 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:27 PM   #6631
mdonsbach
mdonsbach's Avatar
Location: Coatesville, PA
Yeah I feel like the second he has the ball in his hand he plays to his full potential. If the ball isn't in his hands it's like he coasts through the game.

Loves to go the the rack though. That will work nicely in Groce's system. Just need to make sure he plays hard on both ends of the court.

Anyone notice his free throw looks kind of wierd. His left hand comes off the ball really early in his short and makes it look like he is pushing the ball with his right hand. Can't complain with the results though.

__________________
Twitter
mdonsbach is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:29 PM   #6632
SimonHoffman
I had him with 20 but I might have miscounted. Anyone notice how similar Hill and Reddick look at times?
SimonHoffman is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:35 PM   #6633
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonHoffman View Post
I had him with 20 but I might have miscounted. Anyone notice how similar Hill and Reddick look at times?
No you were right, it's 20.
illiniobserver22 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:36 PM   #6634
UofIChE06
Location: Pittsburgh
Offensively Hill is extremely advanced. Think Matt Jones if you have seen him. He definitely seems to coast at times but it is HS. Doubtful they have the advanced offensive sets of college teams or even the big academies.

Does B East always play zone defense? I don't know that anyone would look especially good playing in a zone defense.
UofIChE06 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:51 PM   #6635
sapan1030
Banned
Man, he is impressive to watch. Incredibly smooth, and so good at putting the ball in the bucket.
sapan1030 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:53 PM   #6636
IlliniJeffrey
Waiting for Larry Smith to check in for Alton. He's be a senior by now, right?

Seriously, though...I appreciate the fact that this is streamed, but even a high school kid doing a little play by play would help.
IlliniJeffrey is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:56 PM   #6637
sapan1030
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJeffrey View Post
Waiting for Larry Smith to check in for Alton. He's be a senior by now, right?

Seriously, though...I appreciate the fact that this is streamed, but even a high school kid doing a little play by play would help.
Yeah, and maybe showing how many points each player has when they go to the line or something. This is pretty low budget haha
sapan1030 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:14 PM   #6638
OrangeAndBlue217
Banned
Location: Decatur, IL
The last game that was streamed, I forget who they played but they had some play by play people.
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:15 PM   #6639
combes
What did he end up with? 35 or so? I lost count while watching an old western at the same time.
combes is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:20 PM   #6640
ILHoff
Hill is awesome with the ball in his hands. He'll be a perfect fit with our high ball screens.
ILHoff is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:20 PM   #6641
mdonsbach
mdonsbach's Avatar
Location: Coatesville, PA
Hill has some nice dimes and a couple of explosive blocks as well. His offensive game sames more refined that alot of guys on our current team. Granted the competition is completely different.

I think if in college he can get by his man he will put on a clinic of how many different ways he can put the ball in the bucket.

Liked how at the end of the game they gave him the ball for shooting FT's as well.

__________________
Twitter
mdonsbach is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:26 PM   #6642
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Quote:
Malcolm Hill with 36 points and 7 rebounds tonight

http://twitter.com/swjetsbbclub
Dan is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6643
chiefcub69
Banned
Hill is going to be an absolute star! Haven't felt this way about an Illini recruit in a long time. He's a cant miss IMO.
chiefcub69 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:44 PM   #6644
Illest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
Anyone notice his free throw looks kind of wierd. His left hand comes off the ball really early in his short and makes it look like he is pushing the ball with his right hand. Can't complain with the results though.
If he keeps shooting 85% when he moves to Champaign, he can shoot it with his belly button for all I care.
Illest is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:50 PM   #6645
alexander58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
Yeah I feel like the second he has the ball in his hand he plays to his full potential. If the ball isn't in his hands it's like he coasts through the game.

Loves to go the the rack though. That will work nicely in Groce's system. Just need to make sure he plays hard on both ends of the court.

Anyone notice his free throw looks kind of wierd. His left hand comes off the ball really early in his short and makes it look like he is pushing the ball with his right hand. Can't complain with the results though.
He uses different form for his free throws than he does for his jumper. He has very nice form on his jumper. On his free throws he sets his left hand on top of the ball to create more backspin. His left hand finishes backward.
alexander58 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:03 PM   #6646
CUWPC
Location: Geneva, IL
Burger boy numbers for Hill.
CUWPC is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:16 PM   #6647
TCTORNADO
Where does Hill stand compared to D.J. I have not seen Hill play but did see D.J. a couple of times @ Findlay and quite frankly I was surprised to see D,.J. start from day 1 and then go on and become B1G FOY. His Findlay performances were OK but boy did he surprise when he got to C/U.
Any comparisons and realistically should we see Hill start from day 1??
TCTORNADO is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:28 PM   #6648
UofIChE06
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Where does Hill stand compared to D.J. I have not seen Hill play but did see D.J. a couple of times @ Findlay and quite frankly I was surprised to see D,.J. start from day 1 and then go on and become B1G FOY. His Findlay performances were OK but boy did he surprise when he got to C/U.
Any comparisons and realistically should we see Hill start from day 1??
The biggest thing is level of competition. Playing at Findlay is a lot different than playing for Belleville East. At Findlay DJ was prepared for the college game which translated to his quick start out of the gate. I think Nunn and Tate will hit the court more in stride than the other recruits. Hill definitely has the talent to be great though. Just might take him a year before fully adjusting to the college game.
UofIChE06 is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:30 PM   #6649
combes
Hill is better than the Simeon duo. Love both those recruits but Hill is star material.
combes is offline
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:02 PM   #6650
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by combes View Post
Hill is better than the Simeon duo. Love both those recruits but Hill is star material.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Forum Jump