Recent content by CaptainCrutch

  1. C

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Good. This was a complete failure start to finish and I don’t want our quality freshman metering the portal because there’s no faith in defense. Some damage probably already done but you salvage everything you can. Time to go. Good move Bret.
  2. C

    Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Saturday, September 26th, 11:00am CT, FOX

    I’ve got a weird feeling that it’s gonna happen today
  3. C

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Southern Illinois

    It’s one touchdown chill out guys. Could still go terribly, but it’s not burning down yet
  4. C

    Pregame: Illinois vs Duke, Saturday, September 12th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

    Yesterday reminded me a lot of how I felt in 2023 watching us play Toledo. I felt like “man, we’re better than this right?” And then for like a week I tried to talk myself into us being off that day with a lot of turnover and that we’d be fine. Then Kansas took us to the woodshed. Duke game...
  5. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    I’ve never understood the whole “inconsistent stripes” thing. I personally don’t love when everything lines up perfectly. Looks too cookie cutter. Also - just because UVA has those stripes *right now* doesn’t mean they always will, and I’d argue over the next 3-5 years we’ll be a bigger...
  6. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    Totally fair! We legitimately have nice uniforms right now. I think the font for the numbers look bad, but from far away it’s really not noticeable. I just wanted to nail the “sleeve stripe” from the 90s with these and I felt like I had to keep them small to keep #’s on the sleeves rather than...
  7. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    Spent a while creating what I’d consider my ideal uniform closet for Illinois. Hope you like them!
  8. C

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Forgive me if this was already asked: re: Dae’Quan Wright - Do any insiders have any knowledge about how excited JC Anderson’s family is to know that their boy is going to get passed up on the depth chart by an NFL camp body?
  9. C

    2026 Season Predictions Thread

    UAB - W Duke - W Southern Illinois - W at Ohio State - L Purdue - W at Michigan State - W Oregon - L at Maryland - W Nebraska - W at UCLA - W Iowa - W at Northwestern - W I said what I said. CFP with the killer B’s (Bret, Bobby and Barry).
  10. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    Hell ya - this is the analysis I come for.
  11. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    No offense to Brett but having a “blue out” against a red team with a fanbase that travels really well seems like a risk. The red’s gonna stick out like a sore thumb where it would have washed out in a sea of orange. Nebraska fans are insufferable so I’m expecting them to eat that up. Probably...
  12. C

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Andhisnameiscameronwagnerjkwouldbenice.blogspot.gov
  13. C

    Illini Football 2026

    How I see this year: Floor 5-7 Ceiling 9-3 1. Biggest concerns are OL replacement and DL replacement. 1(a) - our OL was not great last year. Luke was running for his life on more than one occasion and we had the 92nd ranked rushing offense. 12th in the big ten. 1(b) - our DL landed at 40th...
  14. C

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    I was just gonna say lol…that being said, I wouldn’t call the white facemask “normal” lol
  15. C

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa

    I don’t think the refs are biased against the Illini, I think they’re just bad. Really bad.
Back