That is insane. I was kinda wondering if every single time the clock is stopped, it actually resets to the whole number that is being displayed. Like, if clock is stopped when it shows 25 seconds, that means the true remaining time is something between 24 and 25 seconds. So when it is restarted...
1) # possessions is not a straight-forward stat. Handling of technical fouls, free throws awarded on loose rebounds when no player is credited with a rebound, etc. Different stat databases have their own methods.
2) Someone (perhaps NarrowJ) brought this up a while ago, and I recently saw Brad...
It’s been discovered that those skills and physical attributes classically associated with “point guards” do not correlate with winning basketball games, particularly with the rules and skill across all positions in the modern game. Think Nigel James at Marquette. Most teams have guys like that...
Will Vaaks play qualifiers in the August window (8/27 - 8/31)? That feels sub-optimal to leave right when school starts but I have no frame of reference for how college even works nowadays. I'm still on "Quad Day is Tuesday, go to your Monday classes on Wednesday" protocol which is certainly a...
First contact is with shoulder, but the contact that displaces Balo is #4’s left elbow to Balo’s right oblique. It’s far more clear on the view from behind. If we are going SUPER letter of the law, it’s a foul on #4. I would never call it unless it was a situation in which I HAD to call...
Your frames show that balogun was ball-side of the defender and had a right to move his right foot to meet the ball - the same type of play he makes 100 other times during a game when trying to receive a pass. In the second frame, his right foot, the one he was going to trap the ball with, was...
Watched a few minutes of the Kankakee - East Peoria playoff game. EJ Hazelett from Kankakee kinda stood out. Kid should be Valley all-freshman next season.