Recent content by JTOWNillini

  1. J

    Game Thread: Illinois vs UAB

    Are card stunts not at halftime anymore? When did that change?
  2. J

    Game Thread: Illinois vs UAB

    To have time of possession 25% of the game and still be up at halftime is actually kind of impressive.
  3. J

    Pregame: Illinois vs UAB, Thursday, September 3rd, 8:00pm CT, BTN

    About to head down I-57. Bought a decent seat for $8 on SeatGeek. Thinking I’ve allotted myself enough to catch Illini Walk!
  4. J

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Maryland

    Refs are missing it but there’s an 11th player who enters the court a lot: Buzz Williams.
  5. J

    Coaching Carousel (Football)

    I’m surprised that Beckman vanished off the face of earth and has not been heard from in the football world since 2016. He was still in his 40s when he was let go.
  6. J

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Northwestern

    Last post as I’m in the stadium. They closed off both upper decks, ramps, horseshoe, student section, and lower East sideline. Only lower West sideline is open and it’s free seating. Stadium workers have been phenomenal. I’d say 3k people here.
  7. J

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Northwestern

    Just parked after a 2+ hour drive from the SW suburbs (I live right off I-80). Pretty eerie drive with few cars (first time I didn’t spot a UofI decal or bumper sticker). Dozens of vehicles in ditches including trucks and a charter bus. I-57 was functional in northern IL but got pretty scary...
  8. J

    Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, November 29th, 6:30pm CT, FOX

    Doing the drive from Mokena to Champaign. Just too much of a once-in-a-generation memory to miss out on. I just know when people are talking about this game on message boards in the 2030s, 2040s, & 2050s I’ll have retro-FOMO if I didn’t attend.
  9. J

    Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, November 29th, 6:30pm CT, FOX

    How did those 71k 1951 fans make it in a blizzard with no GPS, no SUVs, worse cars, worse roads, etc?
  10. J

    Pregame: Illinois vs Florida Gulf Coast, Friday, November 7th, 7:30pm CT, Peacock

    There must be a backstory with him and a FGCU walk-on. lol
  11. J

    Illini Football 2025

    Exactly this. If it doesn't get moved to Friday night, there's a 2-in-3 chance it ends up in scorching heat on Saturday. Anything after the first couple weeks, I definitely want on Saturday. But those first 2 weeks, I'm completely fine taking the guaranteed night game in good weather.
  12. J

    Illini Football 2025

    Glad to hear the season opener was moved to Friday night. Labor Day Weekend is almost always HOT, so that's the weekend you want on a weeknight every year!
  13. J

    Week of 1/27 Games & News Thread

    Man, Groce is killing it at Akron. Good for him.
  14. J

    Coaching Carousel (Football)

    I’m at Sky Harbor Airport in Illini gear and Lovie Smith and his wife are on our flight to Chicago. Small world. Not going to bother them though.
  15. J

    College Sports / Conference Realignment

    The amount of research this dude puts in his videos is insane. But basically the TL;DW version is: - Isolating both network and opponent+network in MAC tv ratings for conference games over 12 years, NIU’s ratings were 27% above average. Second was Toledo at 4%. - NIU’s ticket revenue (adjusted...
Back