Recent content by LouHenson

  1. LouHenson

    Ohio State 42, Illinois 19 Postgame

    I hardly ever post a thing on the football board. Over the years I sort of just “enjoy” Illinois football. I am not quite old enough to remember when they really were good under Ray Elliot, but I have to say today I was just even more impressed with Bert. He is perfect for Illinois. We...
  2. LouHenson

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Duke

    When the other team has one player maybe a spy on him? I don’t get our defense af all?
  3. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    It’s so simple Andrej signs no more Blackwell then Coleman signs. You have to trust the staff at this point that they felt Coleman would be a better fit for us than Blackwell as your initial premise? Now maybe it was Blackwell saying I don’t want to share the ball with Coleman/Andrej is...
  4. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    I think it is pretty simple Dje stays no Blackwell. I am fine with that since we have Coleman. See my issue with adding this “serviceable” tough small guard for defense is that whenever this player is on the floor our 5 shooters and positionless basketball sort of does not work. I think the...
  5. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    I think this is 100% the case. I believe the kid was a tremendous scorer in HS? The fact he has not hit the portal tells me the staff wants him here? If I am in BU’s shoes now I am looking for a physical big? I am fine with guards: Vaaks, Coleman, Lee, Andrej, Morillo and really Davis.
  6. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    This is 100% correct - met him he asked me how long I had been a fan and was very nice, guys like him really want to be left alone. He is super cool, but he will not be a fan boy. I do think he loves how rabid our fan base is.
  7. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    We have really just changed our entire approach to offense since Ty last played. We simply want 5 not 4 shooters on the floor at all times. I am afraid we would see the same thing we saw in 2024 - the opposition center would have just camped in the lane and Ty would really have no one guarding...
  8. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    Mirk would be crazy to ever leave Illinois. That kid is going to be both a legend on the court and off. The guy is a walking comedy show. He is sort of Georgi on steroids.
  9. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    Hope we can keep Andrej, and that Luther Head and his dad make him play every day without allowing him to ever penetrate. Remember when people on tv said “Ty was a jumper away from the NBA”? AS is sort of the the same thing, in today’s game they would never want it, but a pull up game would...
  10. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    After seeing Tomi with Jake the last 3 weekends, I am thinking those two stick together somehow. They were always together when I saw them?
  11. LouHenson

    Coaching Carousel (Basketball)

    Well it won’t be Dusty May that’s for sure. Sort of puts a perspective on what it would or will take to replace Brad? We are not UNC and they don’t even get their first choice any more?
  12. LouHenson

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    I met him in Greenville and asked if he would be back? He gave the obligatory “no idea” response. Saw him again in Houston, he was very involved with the team. He is really interesting, he must have some talent to have been that good in the Adriatic league? He for sure got caught behind the...
  13. LouHenson

    UConn 71, Illinois 62 Postgame

    Brad did well, I question plenty of stuff he does, tonight just could not make shots. This was a very successful year by any measurement.
  14. LouHenson

    The Final Four

    Greg Nixon is one of the coolest funniest guys I have ever met. He was at the bar after our game with VCU in Greenville. Met him with Nate Harris. They could not have been any nicer. Greg said he had done one of our games (he mostly works in the B12). Nate had done several. All I can say...
  15. LouHenson

    Pregame: Illinois vs UConn, Saturday, April 4th, 5:09pm CT, TBS

    Well I have been to every Illinois NCAA tournament game since 1989, no need to stop now at 64! On to Indy!
Back