Recent content by Luwdoo

  1. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Remember we were 2-9 against the good teams in the B1G last year and we were the youngest team in the NCAA tourney.
  2. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    I dont disagree. Playing cupcakes does nothing for you. I really doubt that Shauna wanted this easy of a schedule. I think circumstances were such that this is how it ended up. That's just my thinking. I have no proof of that. We definitely had somebody (Vanderbilt?) cancel out on us late in...
  3. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Yhese come from a couple different way too early rankings in April and May. I believe Illinois was 16 and 20. I couldnt find a more up to date one after the rosters were all set.
  4. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    UConns Big East schedule=NOBODY Illini B1G Ten opponents USC 3 MICH 5 Iowa 9 Nebr 11 Minn 12 Wash 15 Md 13 MSU 20 Ore 21 OSU 14 UCLA 25 Overall schedules are somewhat similar. The goal for us is to get a top 4 seed and get home court. Im sure Shauna scheduled with that in mind. If Vandy...
  5. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Pretty sure Vanderbilt backed out. That would have made it better. We are gonna play 11 tough ones in B1G play. I agree though this isnt gonna be much of a challenge. We surely dont want to lose any of these. Win them all and go 13-5 in B1G and get a top 4 seed. I hope.
  6. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    We have no scholarships available for next year if everyone decides to come back. Its going to be interesting to see what happens to our roster after this season. I'm sure Shauna can count. After this season Destiny and Divine will still have 3 years of eligibility and Aaliyah will have two...
  7. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Cearah SOP
  8. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Slight sprain. No ligament damage. I hope thats accurate...
  9. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Fixed it.
  10. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    I think the obvious 3 plus Divine and Manu give us the highest ceiling. Maddie, Aaliyah, Jasmine, provide speed and quickness. Gretchen if she is healthy. A big if though. Lety needs to improve a lot to play any significant minutes. She does not clog up the middle and alters very few shots...
  11. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Maddie and Jasmine both get another year. All 14 on the current roster are eligible to return next year. Which leaves us with 1 open scholarship. We could have 4 more years of Cearah, Destiny, Divine and Manuela.
  12. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Shauna is going to play the players that she thinks can win the game. Playing time is secondary. It’s not going to be easy to get 10 players the amount of PT they all think they deserve. Destiny, Cearah, and Berry are going to get their 30 or more minutes/game. That leaves 110 split between...
  13. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Fixed it. I too am most interested in Divine.
  14. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    How about 7-1 Home. 3-5 Away. 2-0 vs NU.
  15. L

    Illini Women's Basketball 2026-2027

    Guy has another year of high school. She is in the 2028 class of recruits. We lose Weber and Brown Hager so she would be joining at the right time. Unless the 5 to play 5 rule passes.
Back