Recent content by MidwesternCowboy

  1. MidwesternCowboy

    Purdue 24, Illinois 17 Postgame

    This was a complete and utter travesty. No two bits about it. What makes it even more infuriating is that the defense was actually good enough to keep us in the game. The offense just refused to do anything. It's gonna be a long year, folks. Buckle up. We're looking like a bottom-five team in...
  2. MidwesternCowboy

    Week 5 Games

    It's time to start taking NU seriously. As it stands, they look noticeably better than we do, especially on defense.
  3. MidwesternCowboy

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    I really expected a lot more from a multi-time national champion. To say I was disappointed would be a massive understatement. But at the same time, I think the talent was an even bigger issue.
  4. MidwesternCowboy

    Pregame: Illinois vs Purdue, Saturday, October 3rd, 3:15pm CT, BTN

    Don't be fooled by the ND beatdown right now. Purdue's offense has been insanely explosive this year, so far. Their main problem is their defense. Sound familiar? Gonna have to win in a shootout.
  5. MidwesternCowboy

    Ohio State 42, Illinois 19 Postgame

    Yeah, I mean...it was about the result we all expected, I'm afraid. Not sure when we'll beat OSU again. But it wasn't for lack of effort. They did about all they could. Just a shame that the defense was decent enough to keep us in it in the 1st half, only to completely revert back to the Duke...
  6. MidwesternCowboy

    Illinois 48, Southern Illinois 10 Postgame

    Gotta give credit to the defense. They really adjusted and made massive improvements after that disaster of a game against Duke. Yeah, I know SIU is an FCS team, but they're one of the best FCS teams in the nation. They made the playoffs last year. This was still a big win. While it is a shame...
  7. MidwesternCowboy

    Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Saturday, September 26th, 11:00am CT, FOX

    I dunno what to expect, but college football has seen far crazier things happen than Illinois upsetting OSU on the road. I believe. Go Illini.
  8. MidwesternCowboy

    Duke 31, Illinois 27 Postgame

    I really don't know what to say, man. This defense is absolute garbage.
  9. MidwesternCowboy

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Duke

    Ok. Defense has actually quite improved in the 4th quarter. Offense really needs to wake up, though.
  10. MidwesternCowboy

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Duke

    I don't wanna be that guy, but if unranked teams like UAB and Duke can put up 20 on our defense, just imagine what OSU will do to us.
  11. MidwesternCowboy

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Duke

    This defense wouldn't be able to get a stop on 4th and 50. I'm only half-joking.
  12. MidwesternCowboy

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Duke

    The D had over a week to adjust, and yet, nothing has changed. Our DC is a multi-time FCS national champion. He has no excuses, either.
  13. MidwesternCowboy

    Michigan 13, Western Michigan 12

    Yeah. Nothing's gonna change. Screw this. Screw everything.
  14. MidwesternCowboy

    Michigan 13, Western Michigan 12

    The fix is in, guys. And nothing will be done to rectify that absolute joke of an ending.
  15. MidwesternCowboy

    Illinois 42, UAB 23 Postgame

    Also, that hail mary showed that Houser can absolutely deliver in the clutch, if need be.
Back