Recent content by Rooftop

  1. R

    Game Thread: Illinois at Ohio State

    Illini football has a long way to go to compete at this playoff caliber team type level. Can we even get there?
  2. R

    Illini Basketball 2026-2027

    Wife and me sitting at the Anchor Bar in Oswego and just couldn't believe what we were watching.
  3. R

    State Farm Center

    Good point as well, although "sound" at the United Center games is always off the charts. It seems to me that the Chicago-area Illini nation fans that hit up that game don't sit on their hands at all and the whole arena becomes orange krush like. I don't get a sense of that in Champaign.
  4. R

    Pregame: Illinois vs UAB, Thursday, September 3rd, 8:00pm CT, BTN

    Just go to Barstool. It's great. A block off of Broadway.
  5. R

    Bowls/CFP Projections

    I was there. Stadium was electric and the Illini crowd was loud and into it. But, I believe that was Tony Eason--not Trudeau. Tony almost single-handedly carried us to the win. Running around for his life. If he doesn't get hurt and have to step out for Jenner for multiple plays, we win.
  6. R

    Gies Memorial Stadium

    Personally, I don’t like the window grids
  7. R

    Gies Memorial Stadium

    Would SEZ temp bleachers during football season prevent facility multi-use? And wouldn't it move our attendance capacity to ~62k, which is the trend we are clearly heading to, very shortly. And finally, the suggestion was also to give a chunk of those seats away to charities, schools, etc...
  8. R

    Gies Memorial Stadium

    Couldn't agree more. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know I guess.
  9. R

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    I like having him on the team, but if we're expecting Jake to come in and be the defensive stopper, that's a problem simply based off his defense from this past season.
  10. R

    Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

    Efrem Winters too and generally higher ranked than Bruce. Both were first team Parade all american. Efrem was unbelievable in the McDAA game and I believe was co-mvp
  11. R

    Illini Final Four viewing in your city/country

    This is kind of fun. US Domestic list, so far, that I am seeing--- Alpharetta Georgia: Truck & Tap Los Angeles: Busby’s Santa Monica Cleveland: Johnny's Little Bar San Francisco: Standard Deviant Pier 70, Chaplins Sports Bar and Underdogs Cantina Mt Zion IL: Bevo’s Atlanta: Nancy’s Midtown...
  12. R

    Pregame: Illinois vs UConn, Saturday, April 4th, 5:09pm CT, TBS

    Haven't heard a thing. Waiting........
  13. R

    Pregame: Illinois vs UConn, Saturday, April 4th, 5:09pm CT, TBS

    I'll be there too! And wondering same question on where the Illini pregame is at. Dan--any word yet? Other bars that fans are gathering at?
  14. R

    Pregame: Illinois vs UConn, Saturday, April 4th, 5:09pm CT, TBS

    So sorry if I missed it, but do we know where the fan pregame is at in Indy on Saturday?
  15. R

    Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa

    Standing around
Back