Recent content by Se Il Illini

  1. Se Il Illini

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    I totally agree. Why would Veneables, who has the been the DC on teams which have won national championships come to Illinois with its limited resources?
  2. Se Il Illini

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    As to your last sentence, I would think this is when the AD would step in and point out to the monied supporters that Illinois needs more resources to compete at a higher level. Pure speculation on my part.
  3. Se Il Illini

    St Louis Cardinals 2026

    Herr still had to hit the ball to knock those runs in.
  4. Se Il Illini

    DC Bobby Hauck out at Illinois

    Beckman was the head coach and had other non - game time issues. Beckiman and it is not close.
  5. Se Il Illini

    St Louis Cardinals 2026

    One of the Cardinal sports bloggers/commentators mentioned an amazing stat. The Cardinals had not had 2 consecutive losing seasons since the 1958/1959 campaigns. I totally was unaware of that fact.
  6. Se Il Illini

    Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Saturday, September 26th, 11:00am CT, FOX

    I was in Memorial stadium in 1968 when OSU raced to a 24 -0 lead. But Jim Valek's Illini scored 3 second half TDs ( I believe 3rd quarter TDs) with 3 2 point conversions to tie the game. The Buckeyes responded with another TD and eventually won 31-24. On New Year's Day of 1969 Ohio State...
  7. Se Il Illini

    Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Saturday, September 26th, 11:00am CT, FOX

    I have little or no expectations. Get through this game and continue to improve. I would hope that the offense shows up and moves the ball against the Buckeyes while scoring a few points. My main fear is that the OSU offense shows up and scores at will and puts 50 plus points on the board. I...
  8. Se Il Illini

    St Louis Cardinals 2026

    There is reason to be optimistic about the future of the Cardinals, However at 75-79 and 21 games behind Milwaukee in the standings, there is still a wide gap between the Cardinals ane top teams in the National League.
  9. Se Il Illini

    Duke 31, Illinois 27 Postgame

    And if I rfemember correctly Illinois has defeated two SEC teams in the last two bowl games.
  10. Se Il Illini

    Duke 31, Illinois 27 Postgame

    I do not believe the poor tackling is a function of the 3-3-5. Or am I missing something?
  11. Se Il Illini

    Duke 31, Illinois 27 Postgame

    I am still concerned about the defense as I stated after the AUB game. However, some of the play calling in the second half hade me scratching my head. I predicted 7-5. This team is not that team yet.
  12. Se Il Illini

    St Louis Cardinals 2026

    The relief corps must be upghraded. However, the issue in my view begins and ends with the starters. If that part of the staff is upgraded then there is less dependence on the part of the staff which has been a problem. The point I made on another site is that the Cardinals need to qet more...
  13. Se Il Illini

    Pregame: Illinois vs Duke, Saturday, September 12th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

    I secvond your response and concerns. I think this will be a very tough game.
  14. Se Il Illini

    Pregame: Illinois vs Duke, Saturday, September 12th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

    As of today I am very concerned about the run defense particularly in Big 10 play. Duke, apparently will provide an excellent test for the run defense.
Back