Recent content by Seppuku

  1. Seppuku

    2026 FIFA World Cup Thread

    Considering that one of the main reasons Argentina made it to the final game was the Swiss player getting 2nd yellow and thus red card (on BS VAR—the “mistaken identity” loophole), I’d say absolutely. That was clear dive. He also committed 2-3 fouls that each could/should have warranted a...
  2. Seppuku

    2026 FIFA World Cup Thread

    The fact that the excuse they're trying to use is the viewing protocol tells you all you need to know about whether this was a politically motivated decision or not (it is). I know people can be blinded by patriotism, but watching the game live, there was at least one replay (from the US end...
  3. Seppuku

    Chicago Cubs 2026

    I hate to repeat myself (who am I kidding), but the Bregman contract is going to go down as one of the WORST signings in Cubs' history. It's scary to think that if he's playing this bad now, how bad he will play the "next" season, which will not be most likely until 2028, when he'll be 34!!
  4. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    Just because you and others keep saying that, it does not make it right or true. Cook County, as a whole, has seen no meaningful population growth in some time, and in fact, has seen population decline since 2000. AH is not growing because there is no people to grow it, or Cook county as a...
  5. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    Just because you and others keep saying that, it does not make it right or true. Cook County, as a whole, has seen no meaningful population growth in some time, and in fact, has seen population decline since 2000. AH is not growing because there is no people to grow it, or Cook county as a...
  6. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    First, the main point that the report/article you linked makes is that public/taxpayers' investments in sports facilities in the form of subsidies and direct payment (by issuing bonds) does not always pay off. This is NOT applicable here because, as been repeatedly stated, the Bears paid for...
  7. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    Again, where would those people come/move from? Using that area for residential development will be pretty useless. For residential development to make sense, be justified, and be net positive economically and from tax revenue purposes, you need one or both of: 1) population growth in the area...
  8. Seppuku

    2026 FIFA World Cup Thread

    SpaceX or Tesla?
  9. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    Again, move from WHERE? The Chicago area (particularly the parts in Illinois) has not seen any measurable population increase almost 20 years. So, as I mentioned, those would be people moving within Cook county, or at most from one of the other counties in Chicago area. Plus, what would those...
  10. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    You're completely missing the part (and the point) about the other tax revenues and economic benefits from having a project like a Bears stadium and related facilities. Sales tax in Chicago/Cook is north of 10%, and that's not even accounting for all the entertainment, hotel, etc. taxes that...
  11. Seppuku

    Chicago Cubs 2026

    In no particular order, I'd say these players were definitely better and more important to Astros' success during that time frame than Bregman: Altuve, Correa, Springer, Kyle Tuker, and Gurriel, and at different times one or more of Reddick, McCann, and Beltran, and that's just the...
  12. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    Those are all fair points; however, my comments were directed to the comments I hear repeatedly where people say that what the Bears were asking for relating to the AH location amounted to giving away (or fleecing) of taxpayers. I just don't see how Illinois taxpayers are being fleeced when all...
  13. Seppuku

    Chicago Bears 2026

    I still don't understand where or how this "fleecing" is supposedly taking place. The Bears bought the land with their own money, and are (were) willing to build the stadium without any public money. All the Bears asked for was that the state/county/town(s) address the infrastructure issues...
  14. Seppuku

    Chicago Cubs 2026

    Not sure I'd say "I like the Hayward signing," but it was definitely less bad, thus the comment ("worse than the Hayward signing by a mile"). The Bregman signing (and to a lesser degree Hayward) are proof of the folly of demanding aggressive actions and free agent signings by the owners for the...
  15. Seppuku

    Chicago Cubs 2026

    As I keep saying, the Bregman singing is the worse signing ever by the Cubs… worse than the Hayward signing by a mile. An overrated loser
Back