Recent content by TX Illiniwek

  1. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Uniforms

    Everyone is doing the script. Give me the Arch Illini as the default all the way. Harkens to a Chief's headdress. That's the only semblance of The Chief we have left other than what fans pull out on Game Days....shirts, flags, hats, etc.!
  2. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Watched most of that game last night. Obviously a huge night for Brody. And, remember, Jenks is one of the best teams in Oklahoma and the country. His main highlight was the leaping touchdown catch, but one of his other catches was very significant. During one of their comeback touchdown...
  3. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Agreed on Olano. Outside of him I wouldn't say we lost any significant contributors. In the two-deep, yes. From my perspective I was just sad to see some of the guys go who I had high hopes for when they were first recruited or transferred in. Guys like Elzy (I know that one was decided...
  4. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Do we know what time he is announcing today...if there is a set time?
  5. TX Illiniwek

    All-Time College Basketball Program Rankings

    This is great...thanks for putting it together. I've heard Illinois called "the best program that has never won a National Title." This supports that claim...everyone ahead of us has won a Natty. Ohio State's was back in 1960, but they have one.
  6. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    This kid has a very stout offer list! Lock him up! Not very big physically but must play big!
  7. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    My niece went to IC...graduated in 2024 with Eric Karner (not Kyle)...she was actually dating him for a while. She is now a manager for Illini Football (loves it) and Karner never suited up for A&M. He transferred to Miami (OH). Anyway...yes, IC has produced some good teams recently. They...
  8. TX Illiniwek

    Gies Memorial Stadium

    You are spot-on with the screen at The Death Star. The biggest problem there is that it sits above the field. All you have to do is raise your eyes a little to watch. Its almost like your eyes are drawn to it. At least with the new board complex for Illinois its still at the end of the field...
  9. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    This looks like a really good commitment...he had some big time offers within the B1G and SEC.
  10. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    What matters is where they were when we played them. Two things....1.) Maybe the loss to the Illini was the negative turning point for their season, and 2.) When we played IU last year we were in the Top 10, and IU got credit for a "Top 10 Win". As lstewart53x3 references, we are not Ohio...
  11. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    I think this is spot on! The only slight "correction" I'll offer up is that in the OSU game, we essentially had 4 turnovers in our own territory...that kneel-down punt was basically a turnover. OSU was working off of short fields the whole game...if we made them start deeper in their own...
  12. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    I'm in this boat, right here! 50+ years of witnessing bad or, at best, mediocre football with a good season sprinkled in (remember before last year, only 4 seasons of 9+ wins since Illinois joined the B1G in 1953.) All the while thinking 'why can't a major institution like the University of...
  13. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    Holmes also has already played professional baseball. That experience can never hurt...should be a great locker room presence.
  14. TX Illiniwek

    Coaching Carousel (Football)

    Correct me if I'm wrong, Loyalty dudes, but I think BB's relationship with AHen goes much deeper than just a Coach/Coordinator level. AHen played for BB at Wisky and they developed a close relationship there, from what I understand. My bet is that BB is going to do everything that is humanly...
  15. TX Illiniwek

    Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

    How much eligibility left for Perry? I know Holmes (UT St.) is two and Robinson (Ball St.) is only one. Hadn't seen it on Perry - apologies if I missed it somewhere.
Back