Indy Illini Fan
Big day today.

Staff will get the first crack at Ayo.

Indy Illini Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:10 AM   #452
Verified Insider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho 86 View Post
As usual the whiners complain about no tangible info on recruiting, then when a reliable source gives solid intel they run him off by whining he is stealing the recruits thunder !!

That being said....Landers would be a great pick up for the Illini !!

There's a lot of tangible info on recruiting on this website. Indy's post about the staff getting an in-home with Ayo today, for example.

Lots of people -- Cash included -- have provided a lot of really interesting and useful information. It's what makes this board better than its competitors.

The problem is, too many people aren't patient enough to let these kids go through the recruiting process. They want answers now. Even if it means scooping the kid.

Agree wholeheartedly that Nolley would be a fantastic get. Hope he comes here. We'll know for sure in about 7 weeks.
Verified Insider is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:11 AM   #453
Illini B-Ball Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Illini Fan View Post
Big day today.

Staff will get the first crack at Ayo.

What time today is this approximately going to take place?

Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:37 AM   #454
Goldtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash35 View Post
Okay, so I want to apologize to everyone on this message board, and to landers and family. I am truly sorry for stealing your thunder. I shouldn't have shared my info with this board. That being said, I will no longer be posting on this board. I can't handle all the lititle sensitive !!!!!!!s on here, I'll never understand why people get so upset when news is presented. Once again I'm sorry, and I WILL NEVER POST ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD AGAIN. You can thank mdonsbach for that. That's it for me. Go Illini!
Sorry Cash. Some of the posters on this site piss me off.
Goldtop is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:44 AM   #455
IlliniCaboose
First off let me say I love what Cash brings to the board and really, really hope he/she decides to stick around. 2nd I do think there are people on the board who complain about getting info and that's very annoying.
That said the poster Cash is calling out I THINK was questioning Cash's source's reasoning, not Cash. I read it as "What would happen that a Cash's source would give the okay to spread the info on a message board?" or "Who is this person that they're in a position to give the okay to give out the info?" Not "Why would Cash think it's okay to give out this info" Maybe I read it wrong.

Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:50 AM   #456
IlliniFin86
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCaboose View Post
First off let me say I love what Cash brings to the board and really, really hope he/she decides to stick around. 2nd I do think there are people on the board who complain about getting info and that's very annoying.
That said the poster Cash is calling out I THINK was questioning Cash's source's reasoning, not Cash. I read it as "What would happen that a Cash's source would give the okay to spread the info on a message board?" or "Who is this person that they're in a position to give the okay to give out the info?" Not "Why would Cash think it's okay to give out this info" Maybe I read it wrong.
You have way too much common sense and logic to post here.
IlliniFin86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:51 AM   #457
LongLiveTheChief7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
I missed where he threw it out on Snapchat, IG, Twitter, FB etc, without permission of those involved. This is a message board for Illini fans, not a social media platform used by billions of combined people. A relatively small number of people know about this, compared to the number of people who will know when Landers puts it on his social media. Cash has been 100% on his calls as far as I remember. Seems like exactly the kind of guy we want to run off.
The problem is when big mouthed posters get privy to accurate inside information on this board, they run in somebody's DM's or go find a players Twitter feed! That's when Posters, Illini fans more specifically, should ashamed of themselves!
LongLiveTheChief7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 08:56 AM   #458
skyIdub
skyIdub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 09:00 AM   #459
Adnarel
these are prime offseason hell board conditions. I hope something happens so we have something to discuss. Shall we start a countdown to Halloween?

Old Sep 11, 2017, 09:07 AM   #460
Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniGuy View Post
I'll cast another vote for cash to stay

I Vote For CASH to stay!!!

Last edited by Kathy; Sep 11, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
Kathy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 09:18 AM   #461
coryfor3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash35 View Post
Okay, so I want to apologize to everyone on this message board, and to landers and family. I am truly sorry for stealing your thunder. I shouldn't have shared my info with this board. That being said, I will no longer be posting on this board. I can't handle all the lititle sensitive !!!!!!!s on here, I'll never understand why people get so upset when news is presented. Once again I'm sorry, and I WILL NEVER POST ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD AGAIN. You can thank mdonsbach for that. That's it for me. Go Illini!
Don't go. You're the only one on here with any reliable info. Seriously.
coryfor3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 09:42 AM   #462
Obelix
Drama: Poster makes positive statement/prediction wrt Illini (especially recruiting). The majority of fellow posters thank the poster for the "insider" information, while the minority questions the validity or motivation of the information. The original poster feels offended and threatens to leave the board.

+

Drama: Poster makes negative statement/prediction wrt Illini (especially recruiting). The majority of fellow posters question the validity and motivation, often mentioning that people should not post information as "facts," "definitive," or "matter of fact," while the minority thanks the poster for the "insider" information. The original poster feels offended and threatens to leave the board.

=

More Drama: Ensuing discussion follows with strong views on the correct "protocol" of posting, who should be allowed to post on this board or not, who should be allowed to criticize a post or not, often taking completely meaningless votes on who should stay or who should leave this board.

Obelix is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:00 AM   #463
Indy Illini Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini B-Ball Fan View Post
What time today is this approximately going to take place?
Have heard later this evening. Chin and BU will be there for sure, unsure if Walker or OA will be in attendance.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:08 AM   #464
robjilla
Aaron Henry to Michigan State... THT Cmon down
robjilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:09 AM   #465
miketherevelator
Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 58m58 minutes ago

Georgia Tech, St Louis, Iowa State & Minnesota complete in-homes this weekend with Rivals150 wing Talen Horton-Tucker

Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 2h2 hours ago

Illinois head coach Brad Underwood will complete an in home visit tonight with 2018 five star Morgan Park guard Ayo Dosunmu
miketherevelator is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:11 AM   #466
Ratskin
Cash-stay.
Ratskin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:20 AM   #467
miketherevelator
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjilla View Post
Aaron Henry to Michigan State... THT Cmon down

ps - I'm not calling it -- just hoping it.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:24 AM   #468
robjilla
https://armchairallamericans.com/clo...fficial-visit/
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:26 AM   #469
DudeIllini
Why in the world would an anonymous post on a school-specific message board steal a kid's thunder? Do you think other coaches are going to stop recruiting him because cash said he's going to Illinois? Would other fan bases even care about what one Illini fan posts? This is nonsense.
DudeIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:27 AM   #470
robjilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post

ps - I'm not calling it -- just hoping it.
Idk... cash has called nolley to Ill so we will see.. Will definately have a busy 2 months till signing day
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:32 AM   #471
miketherevelator
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjilla View Post
Idk... cash has called nolley to Ill so we will see.. Will definately have a busy 2 months till signing day
They'd take both - Underwood has said he's always going to recruit wing heavy. Whether both would want to come is a question but I think BU could sell it. If he and Chin could sell Ayo's people on it.
(Assuming Ayo is coming here.)

Last edited by miketherevelator; Sep 11, 2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:32 AM   #472
UCantHideYer
Hmmm, Gophers new to chasing THT & quietly managed an in-home already.

Another vote here for Cash to stay. A simple "Please dude". Count your votes!
UCantHideYer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:38 AM   #473
miketherevelator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Illini Fan View Post
Where are you seeing Henry to MSU?

He left w/o committing.
Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10
Michigan State strikes for the fifth time in the 2018 class with Rivals150 wing Aaron Henry. Versatile and blue-collar wing. Great group
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:39 AM   #474
Indy Illini Fan
THT unlikely to come here as of right now.

I am hearing staff is trying to get Ayo, Nolley, Sow, Conditt.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:40 AM   #475
Indy Illini Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10
Michigan State strikes for the fifth time in the 2018 class with Rivals150 wing Aaron Henry. Versatile and blue-collar wing. Great group
Thank you. Had not seen that. I checked Henry's social medias and did not see anything.

MSU now out of rides.