Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Closed Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:32 AM   #7626
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
Dillan Cazley will be here this Spring!

Jesse Chadwell is in!
I didn't realize the high school guys actually got to sign a letter early as well. For some reason, I thought they just enrolled.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:34 AM   #7627
Groundhogday
Quote:
No kidding. Didn't Beck man said they expected around 10 early signees?
I think we are expecting 11 today, right? 5 high school guys and 6 JC transfers. Beckman talked about going as high as 13, but we apparently ran out of slots.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:42 AM   #7628
AHSIllini32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
I think we are expecting 11 today, right? 5 high school guys and 6 JC transfers. Beckman talked about going as high as 13, but we apparently ran out of slots.
Makes sense.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:03 AM   #7629
quhawks12
Quote:
I didn't realize the high school guys actually got to sign a letter early as well. For some reason, I thought they just enrolled.
Yep. Pretty cool for them. Though the coaches can't publicly talk about them until the actual 1st day of the semester.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:08 AM   #7630
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Cazley on Beckman: "He fires you up like no other coach." He also added: "We (this recruiting class) determine how his career's going to go"

Cazley on #Illini: "I'm all in. I truly believe in every coach that we have and every player that we have."

Web Bonus: Charleston's Cazley (@OFFICIALCAZLEY8) signs with #Illini football http://illinoishomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=448182 … ... story tonight at 6:00 & 10:00.

http://twitter.com/MattWettersten
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:16 AM   #7631
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
Yep. Pretty cool for them. Though the coaches can't publicly talk about them until the actual 1st day of the semester.
Is this new or have I just not been paying attention?

Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:22 AM   #7632
AHSIllini32
Doug from Rivals says we have 5 JUCO letters in but it's a premium so I'm not sure who other than Hinkhouse.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:23 AM   #7633
quhawks12
Quote:
Doug from Rivals says we have 5 JUCO letters in but it's a premium so I'm not sure who other than Hinkhouse.
The same 5 we've been expecting.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:24 AM   #7634
quhawks12
Quote:
Is this new or have I just not been paying attention?
Nope. Standard.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:14 AM   #7635
goillini75
GO ILLINI GO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadofagrad View Post
Exactly. If not for the campus and the quality of education I have no clue why anyone with pro aspirations would choose this program.
well because if you look there are plenty of illini in the nfl. shoot we are a good basketball program and we can't even say we sent that many to the nba but in football we had what 3 in the first two rounds.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:15 AM   #7636
Dan
Admin
Martize Barr WR
Abe Cajuste DT
Eric Finney STAR
Dallas Hinkhouse OL
Zane Petty S
Quote:
Beckman and Staff Sign Five Junior College Players

Illinois head football coach Tim Beckman announced Wednesday the signing of five junior college student-athletes to national letters of intent to play football at the University of Illinois.

"We're extremely excited about these five young men and their families joining the Fighting Illini family," Beckman said of the newest Illini. "These men are coming to Champaign from winning programs around the country. There are two national champions and several conference champions in the group. The most exciting part is that they fill immediate needs for us. They all play a different position of need and are spread across all areas of the team. The fact that we were able to go throughout the country and sell Illinois football to these young men and their families shows the work ethic and commitment from our staff. We also are very grateful to everyone who helped us with this process."

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...121912aaw.html
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:21 AM   #7637
illinidarrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Martize Barr WR
Abe Cajuste DT
Eric Finney STAR
Dallas Hinkhouse OL
Zane Petty S
They have Hinkhouse at 275 pounds now. I think he will get to atleast 290 by the start of the season.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:26 AM   #7638
kgwasmyfavorite
Banned
Glad we got 5, but weren't we supposed to get 10 or 11? What happened?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:35 AM   #7639
illinigalore
Banned
few thoughts here i tried to reply to ghd's post it did not go through for some reason but i like white at de as well however i would keep him at tight end personally. he will be a monster matchup. next to potential the biggest thing i like about this class is the versatility. another couple of thoughts i liked kragen but i do not think losing him is a big deal. i do not think he was going to start over caldwell anyway who will be a major stud possibly by next year. would have been a very nice player to have but if losing him means we will get paul james i will take that 10 out of 10. paul james to me has future first round potential. saw someone question the alabama offer its definitely legit. florida state and a bunch of others too. really likes the illini and we have the teko powell factor so thats big. i dont think we need another de after him he can start out at leo too. my hope remains that we can add him and augusta in this class. gibbs would be nice too but im not counting on it. also hated the news on cherry but give me james and im good.

as for safety i liked guthrie more than others from the jump but matthews would be an equally good pick up. they already have a hell of a pickup on board in petty and i think he can be a pretty good corner too. i do not want to butcher his name but al-a the juco db would be a tremendous pick up. agree with cali that he is 4 star good. finally very nice pick up on taylor exactly the wide receiver they need not to mention offers from all the explosive offense schools like okie state, mizzou, nebraska and others. very nice pick up in addition to that a great school to get talent from. hope we can somehow get in on quay bain and others. im still holding out hope for treadwell sounds crazy but its recruiting. cannot wait to see how they close out this class because with how recruiting is who knows. they were in on guys more than people knew who are high four stars and even five stars now so it will be interesting.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:37 AM   #7640
illinigalore
Banned
Quote:
Team rankings are based on points. And those points are only taken from the top 20 guys. At least that's how I understand it.

So, the argument of "it's the quantity of guys who bumped our ranking up" is no longer true or possible.

i never bought that anyway this class has been both quality and quantity for a long time. seeing michigan jump on guys like dawson proves my line of thinking right. by the way i dont think he will flip and i do not think they are a threat honestly. illini are gaining a ton of momentum right now...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:38 AM   #7641
BexleyIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwasmyfavorite View Post
These 5 are the JUCO players. I believe several true freshman plan to enroll early as well.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:45 AM   #7642
FT35
Quote:
Dillan Cazley will be here this Spring!

Are those his brothers with him at the signing?

I know his older brother is a Law Student at the U of IL. He brought Dillan and Josh to Charleston when he was playing at EIU.

I hope at this time next year Josh is signing a LOI to play for Illinois. He looks like he will be a D1 player capable of playing a number of positions.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:48 AM   #7643
cmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post

I know his older brother is a Law Student at the U of IL. He brought Dillan and Josh to Charleston when he was playing at EIU.

I hope at this time next year Josh is signing a LOI to play for Illinois. He looks like he will be a D1 player capable of playing a number of positions.
He has the capability for sure. I worry about his maturity though.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:49 AM   #7644
RHITIllini
Quote:
5 JUCO, 11 early enrollees total.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:50 AM   #7645
quhawks12
Quote:
10 or 11 early enrolees. Include the HS kids and you've got 11.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:50 AM   #7646
RHITIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post

Yep, that's Keithan (older brother) and Josh (younger brother)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:51 AM   #7647
quhawks12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHITIllini View Post
Yep, that's Keithan (older brother) and Josh (younger brother)
Do we have a good shot at Josh? I've heard good things.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:54 AM   #7648
quhawks12
Just did a quick search of Rivals and google. I do not think Isaiah Johnson sent in his LOI to Kansas.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:05 PM   #7649
Illinnoying Orange
Hopfully, Cazley's injury he had this season isn't too bad to recover from --- I heard he didn't get much playing time in during his senior season due to it. Anyone know?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:07 PM   #7650
illinidarrin
Quote:
Just did a quick search of Rivals and google. I do not think Isaiah Johnson sent in his LOI to Kansas.
I thought i saw somewhere he wasn't going to enroll early?
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »