Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Illini tidbit on Dallas radio

Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1
bhinda8
I listen to radio program in the mornings on the way to work in the Dallas area (Bo and Jim on 92.5 for Dallas residents). It's a combo of humor and classic rock music. On Wednesdays they have a segment where people call in and ask questions about all sorts of things. Today someone called in and asked why people from Illinois are called Illini. I thought they answered the question pretty well. They included things like Illinois is the French spelling of the confederation of tribes known as the Illiniwek, and that the Illini were an alternate version of the name and a few other items. Also mentioned the Fighting Illini as the University teams' name. Probably got the info from Wikipedia but it was good to hear.

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money.

bhinda8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:47 AM   #2
wpr
thanks for the update. Did you call in and ask the question?
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:21 AM   #3
bhinda8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpr View Post
thanks for the update. Did you call in and ask the question?

No but I thought about calling in and asking what a Hoosier is.

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money.

bhinda8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4
wpr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhinda8 View Post
:laugh::laugh:
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:33 AM   #5
ctblaisdell83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhinda8 View Post
From wikipedia...

A hoosier is a backward, under-educated, red & white striped pants wearing basketball player residing in central Indiana. They are descended from a tribe that was led in the 1970s and 80s by Chief Throwsachair then later by Chief Likestocheat. Their current leader has a Jerry Lewis toupee and ill-fitting teeth and likes to join the student rooting section rather than give a handshake. They are likely to become extinct by 2020 due to the spread of Groceism, but some believe they will perish sooner due to an insidious local disease known as Creaning
ctblaisdell83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:31 PM   #6
wpr
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:24 PM   #7
gibb52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblaisdell83 View Post
From wikipedia...

A hoosier is a backward, under-educated, red & white striped pants wearing basketball player residing in central Indiana. They are descended from a tribe that was led in the 1970s and 80s by Chief Throwsachair then later by Chief Likestocheat. Their current leader has a Jerry Lewis toupee and ill-fitting teeth and likes to join the student rooting section rather than give a handshake. They are likely to become extinct by 2020 due to the spread of Groceism, but some believe they will perish sooner due to an insidious local disease known as Creaning
Love it, Love it, Love it
gibb52 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »