Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Videos: Illinois-Miami postgame interviews

Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Dan
Admin

Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:51 PM   #2
FeelYourPaign
JG showed his class. Would not talk about the out of bounds play. Refused to let Nnanna talk about it either. All the players talked the talk and just showed one more time that they are well coached. JG talked with them about the University image that he wanted to portray in the interview room and they signed on and showed us proud.

Just terrific stuff.
FeelYourPaign is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Dan
Admin

Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Soxfreak64
These just about bring tears to my eyes. Every time anybody has mentioned DJ, they mention he lives to wear the orange and blue. I can't believe these guys are gonna be gone
Soxfreak64 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:06 PM   #5
ChiCityHoops34
Sounds like somebody is in the locker room letting out a little frustration at 2:08 in the DJ's interview. Just sucks how this team had to go out, easy guys to root for.
ChiCityHoops34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:22 PM   #6
KansasIllini
It was already the case before, but each one of those videos makes me even more proud to call these guys, and myself, Illini. Even in highly emotional times like this, they've done nothing but continue to handle themselves with class. It's been very refreshing to see.
KansasIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:18 AM   #7
Prairie Spirit
Banned
I appreciate these videos very much although they tear my heart out tonight.
I loved hearing these guys talk about how close they are and hearing "they're my brothers for life......I'm an Illini forever...."

This season and year would come to an end no matter what and we'd feel sad when that happened no matter what so I guess it's inevitable, but I'll be glad when the lump in the throat goes away. In the meantime, rest well Illini; you sure played hard tonight.
Prairie Spirit is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:57 AM   #8
westvilleillini
Did anyone hear stuart scott's sportscenter recap of the game? he said, "when asked about the call, Groce said ' you saw the same video I did' and thats all he said." maybe I'm just a little upset still, but that definitely rubbed me the wrong way...HCJG was much more respectful than that as we know and Scott almost made it a point to make him sound bitter and classless...idk typical espn I guess
westvilleillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 02:57 AM   #9
BoolahBoolah
Man, it's refreshing to have a coach that handles himself so well with the media. I end up proud that he's our coach every time I see him speak.

We are lucky to have this man leading our program.
BoolahBoolah is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:17 AM   #10
mytwocents
Off the charts on the class scale! They represented themselves outstandingly on and off the court.
mytwocents is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:41 AM   #11
derekholcomb
"How much is the penalty if you talk about officiating calls?"

Clown question.
derekholcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:42 AM   #12
derekholcomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwocents View Post
Off the charts on the class scale! They represented themselves outstandingly on and off the court.
I agree. Great season.
derekholcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:19 AM   #13
VAIllini35
EXTREMELY proud of our young men, our Coach and his staff. They fought hard, did not back down or look scared, rather they took it to the rim hard and defended hard. They did it the right way - no chest thumping, look at me attitudes (thank God Ole Miss lost). They did it with class and style - the old school way. Congratulations Team on finishing the season strong and representing Illini Nation with guts and pride!
VAIllini35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:22 AM   #14
Calvin
Honestly, that was the most proud of our team I've been all year --they left it all on the court. Yes, there were some missed opportunities, but that's a very good team we played, and the defensive intensity was downright fierce. Some of the drives to the basket where we defended the paint gave me flashes of Kruger's teams, which were outstanding there.

Loved the urgency and hustle, and loved how Groce handled himself. He was a sixth man on the court for the game (literally! did you see how often he had to jump back when he got out to far). Was really disappointed they couldn't review the blown call, but nothing's gonna change it now.

This team exceeded my expectations honestly, and we played ferociously in the NCAA tournament. Tip of the hat to BP3, who I'd been frustrated with down the stretch, but clearly stepped up for the big games. Same for all the seniors, but BP3 was huge in getting us our win.
Calvin is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »