Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Video: Illinois Basketball TNT Series

Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Kramer116
Episode 1 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT), a behind-the-scenes look at 2012-13 University of Illinois basketball. The first episode takes you from preseason workouts through the season-opener. Look for more episodes throughout the season on Fighting Illini Insider.

Episode 2 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT), a behind-the-scenes look at 2012-13 University of Illinois basketball. The second episode takes you from the Illini's trip to Hawaii through their come from behind win at Gonzaga.

Episode 3 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT), a behind-the-scenes look at 2012-13 University of Illinois basketball. The third episode takes you from the Illini's Holiday trips to St. Louis and Chicago through the start of the Big Ten Schedule.

Episode 4 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT), a behind-the-scenes look at 2012-13 University of Illinois basketball. The fourth episode includes Illinois last second win over Indiana.

Episode 5 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT)

Episode 6 of Toughness and Togetherness (TNT)

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG

Last edited by Dan; Apr 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added episode #6
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Kramer116
John Groce is really impressive, you can see how he relates so well with these kids.

Haha the last 15 seconds are pretty hilarious after Groce gets the game ball, definitely not something that would have happened with Weber.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Illini70math
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
John Groce is really impressive, you can see how he relates so well with these kids.

Haha the last 15 seconds are pretty hilarious after Groce gets the game ball, definitely not something that would have happened with Weber.
Yeah, you're right. Mike Thomas would never have shown up in the locker room and congratulated the Illini team after a great win while Coach Weber was here. I presume that was the point you were making...
Illini70math is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4
cjcastan
Loved it! Great PR by the program for the fans and the recruits.

Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:48 PM   #5
krushdad
Illinimath, not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but Thomas did greet the players after most of the games, in the tunnel. He also was in the locker room after the OSU game and probably others.

Kramer, thanks for posting!
krushdad is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:59 PM   #6
NorthwesternIllini4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini70math View Post
Yeah, you're right. Mike Thomas would never have shown up in the locker room and congratulated the Illini team after a great win while Coach Weber was here. I presume that was the point you were making...
Is this an attempt at baiting?
NorthwesternIllini4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:03 PM   #7
mattcoldagelli
Illini Productions deserves a lot of credit - they've improved their content exponentially every year. I remember when they were starting up pretty much from scratch.

mattcoldagelli is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:09 PM   #8
NorthwesternIllini4
Just watched the video. Very impressive. The content and the production quality were both very cool
NorthwesternIllini4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Warriors1994
Love everything about it!

Warriors1994 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:26 PM   #10
mdonsbach
MORE PLEASE.

"What makes greats great...DETAILS"

I can attest to that! Great quote

Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:31 PM   #11
Illini_1979
2012-13 Illinois Basketball: TNT Episode 2 by IlliniProductionsHD

Enjoy.
Illini_1979 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Shenanigans
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoldagelli View Post
Illini Productions deserves a lot of credit - they've improved their content exponentially every year. I remember when they were starting up pretty much from scratch.
+1! Greaty job by those guys and gals!

Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:03 PM   #13
ncoillini
Did i see somebody with shoulder pads on in that clip??
ncoillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:04 PM   #14
PeoriaChief
I wonder how much Groce had to do with this? Ohio had the same kind of thing last year. Maybe Groce feels it's very important to give fans an inside look and also helps fans connect with the team and therefor be more passionate.
PeoriaChief is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:07 PM   #15
chiefini
I agree! Excellent job of setting up the season. I really like the inside look at how HCJG coaches the kids up. I also really, really like the cheer: 1 ,2, 3 One for all, and all for one. 1, 2, 3 Finish. Togetherness = main focus (that's been missing since '05)

‎"There is an uncommon spirit known only by those who call themselves Illini...It is a dignified spirit portrayed by the Chief. It is a spirit of orange and blue blood and of the young and the old. Once it enters your veins, you will never be the same again." Illini Spirit William Branom, '54 (1932-2012)
chiefini is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:09 PM   #16
ChicagoDonJulio
Groce is my type of coach.
ChicagoDonJulio is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:19 PM   #17
Serious Late
Location: Ann Arbor via Albuquerque via Chicago via Champaign via Peoria
Recruiting. Tool.

I love it.

Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:21 PM   #18
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
At like 5:30 was there some drill where they were wearing shoulder pads?
illinifan31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:22 PM   #19
illini8507
this is like the journey, only it only focuses on the one team. I like it, and its probaby a pretty good thing to show the recruits.

Well done IP, and thanks for sharing
illini8507 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Kramer116
Just watched part 2 as well.

These are awesome. Well done IlliniProductions.

I can't wait for Saturday...

Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Ransom Stoddard
Ordained Dudeist Priest
If they do one of these every 5-6 games, it's going to make a heck of a post-season recap when put all together.
Ransom Stoddard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:24 PM   #22
mdonsbach
More Please!!!

Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:19 PM   #23
job71188
I wonder if this was a marketing idea by Thomas, Groce, or who but those videos are great. It definitely helps to be 12-0 during the making of the videos though
job71188 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:41 PM   #24
PeoriaChief
These videos are GREAT! Addicting
PeoriaChief is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:46 PM   #25
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoriaChief View Post
These videos are GREAT! Addicting
+1
FeelYourPaign is offline Reply With Quote