Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

All time low for Cameron Crazies?

Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
ILLiniJoe32390
Banned
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...-your-grandma/

How terrible of a person do you have to be to make fun of some kids grandmother?
ILLiniJoe32390 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2
illini ri0t
Banned
Disgusting.
illini ri0t is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3
IlliniRunIn07
Holy crap. This is one of the worst things I've ever read. My grandma passed away just over one week ago. I can't even imagine what he was feeling when those good for nothing, spoiled, pompous douche bags said what they said. Every single seat in the student section should remain vacant for the rest of the year.
IlliniRunIn07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:27 PM   #4
ILLiniJoe32390
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniRunIn07 View Post
Holy crap. This is one of the worst things I've ever read. My grandma passed away just over one week ago. I can't even imagine what he was feeling when those good for nothing, spoiled, pompous douche bags said what they said. Every single seat in the student section should remain vacant for the rest of the year.
Agreed. Sorry to hear about your loss. My grandma passed just over 5 months ago. One of the worst things to go through.
ILLiniJoe32390 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Shief
Love watching him sink the free throws while they chant it clear as day. One of my co-workers is a NC State grad and he HATES Duke, I can only imagine how ticked he was at that. The Crazies are down right EVIL, no wonder Duke's mascot is the Blue Devils (I know bad pun).
Shief is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:36 PM   #6
radiodj
I usually don't have a big problem with Duke. I mean yes, Dukie V is annoying, but the team is wildly successful. And for the most part they do it the right way; with players being great student-athletes and guys who stay 3 or 4 years (the past few years not-withstanding).

All that being said, this was just pathetic by the CC's. I feel for that kid and his family, to not only lose a family member, but then be taunted for it.
radiodj is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:43 PM   #7
hooraybeer
after reading the article I'm at least hoping that that wasn't what was said. crazies that commented on the article claim it was "past your bedtime" they were chanting, and after listening several times I can't honestly say what I hear one way or another. I dislike duke as much as the next guy, but I have to believe that as smart as most duke students are that they would never cross that line. hope there is more evidence than that grainy video and tweets from people that weren't even at the game for this article to be based off.

Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:52 PM   #8
ILLSauce
Director of the Ekey Fan Club
disgusting
ILLSauce is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:57 PM   #9
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
Way more offensive than a website called blacksportsonline. Never did like the Cameron Crazies anyway.

Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:05 PM   #10
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post
after reading the article I'm at least hoping that that wasn't what was said. crazies that commented on the article claim it was "past your bedtime" they were chanting, and after listening several times I can't honestly say what I hear one way or another. I dislike duke as much as the next guy, but I have to believe that as smart as most duke students are that they would never cross that line. hope there is more evidence than that grainy video and tweets from people that weren't even at the game for this article to be based off.

If you read the whole article there's a quote at the bottom from a kid who said that "hows your grandma" was passed among the student section as the thing to say.

Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:06 PM   #11
IllianaOne
Pathetic spoiled little rich kids.
IllianaOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:18 PM   #12
idoc13
If NC State chanted this at a Duke player, it would be national news. This is no where to be found on ESPN. Disgusting.
idoc13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:27 PM   #13
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoc13 View Post
If NC State chanted this at a Duke player, it would be national news. This is no where to be found on ESPN. Disgusting.
Don't know who Nolan Evans is, but he was already spinning it as only a few students. It was more than just a few.
IlliniJim20 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:44 PM   #14
JSpence
Wow. Disgusting. Disgraceful in the true sense of the word.

Reading the comments at the bottom, I get the sense that some of these Duke fans think that the rest of the world is really, really, really, really, really, really dumb.
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:49 PM   #15
RockyMtnIllini81
I listened to the link. It isn't completely clear, but I pretty clearly heard "Grandma" many times. And that doesn't sound like any part of "Past your bedtime". And it wasn't a few people, it wouldn't have been heard clearly over others chanting something different. Someone at Duke - like Coach K - ought to say "we're sorry" and tell the crazies that's not cool.
RockyMtnIllini81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:52 PM   #16
gibb52
Way to hard to make out what was said by the audio. Hopefully the kid didn't even hear it.

Duke charges 40k per yr to attend their school. You'd think Dookies could come up with something better than a classless, tasteless chant like that.
gibb52 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:28 PM   #17
jlf26
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb52 View Post
Way to hard to make out what was said by the audio. Hopefully the kid didn't even hear it.

Duke charges 40k per yr to attend their school. You'd think Dookies could come up with something better than a classless, tasteless chant like that.
When they repeated it the 2nd time and when more students joined in it was clear as a bell to me.
jlf26 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:39 PM   #18
Calvin
Awful, classless behavior, but, honestly, I expect sports fans to be generally classless during games. Often I am pleasantly surprised when they are not. How many people were on the bandwagon when JJ Reddick was called all sorts of rotten, classless things by fans? Maybe I'm too callous with this, but I just think it comes with being on the public stage to be heckled mercilessly in sports.
Calvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:31 PM   #19
dacookiemonsta
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf26 View Post
When they repeated it the 2nd time and when more students joined in it was clear as a bell to me.
Thought it was pretty clear as well the 2nd time.
dacookiemonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:11 PM   #20
Illini2016
Disgusted. Fuming. I can't even believe this.

Class of 2016
Illini2016 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:14 PM   #21
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacookiemonsta View Post
Clear as day the second time around. Considering the history of Duke students in general, this is right up their alley. No shock to me that they have no class.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:41 PM   #22
FeelYourPaign
Saw this on MSN this morning and was appalled.
Know a Duke grad, about 30 years old.
Feels that (in his day?) the cheers were witty and clever.
Looks like a new era.

Guess the CC stands for Cameron Creeps now.
Too sad.
FeelYourPaign is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:57 PM   #23
JSpence
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacookiemonsta View Post
Agreed. It's a jumble the first time around, but I think "grandma" is clear in the second go-around.
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:14 PM   #24
jasonu

Someone needs to Tweet the link to Dickie Vitale. Let him defend that one.
jasonu is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:23 PM   #25
radiodj
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb52 View Post

The CC's have been doing things like this for years. Their chants have always been risque.
radiodj is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »