2017-18 Illini Tennis

Five-star recruit Keenan Mayo (#40 in the class of 2018 @TennisRecNet) / career-high ITF Jr. #87) has verbally committed to @IlliniMTennis.

Anyone know this kid?

Just realized that I said (Brown and Clark twice)...I meant Gui and Clark or Brown and Clark

Looks like Kiger committed to UNC. I know Brian Cernoch was seriously considering Illinois as well before committing to UNC...seems like they have the recruiting edge at the moment. Anybody know what happened with Kiger? Anybody know recruits we are targeting for 2018?

Any guess on lineup for this season?

My projection for lineup this year:

Vukic
Hiltzik
Kova
Gui
Clark
Khlif? Brown? Peng? Budic?

Doubles:
Vukic and Budic
Kova and Hiltzik
Brown and Clark or Brown and Clark

Could be way off on doubles

Five-star recruit Keenan Mayo (#40 in the class of 2018 @TennisRecNet) / career-high ITF Jr. #87) has verbally committed to @IlliniMTennis.

Anyone know this kid?

Looks like he's been a top-10 player for most of his junior career, but has dropped way down recently. I wonder if he has had injury issues? He also didn't even seem to be considering Illinois. I wonder if they had more money to give him because of Kiger leaving.

And as a follow up, it looks like Cacciatore is no longer committed to Illinois.

Looks like he's been a top-10 player for most of his junior career, but has dropped way down recently. I wonder if he has had injury issues? He also didn't even seem to be considering Illinois. I wonder if they had more money to give him because of Kiger leaving.

And as a follow up, it looks like Cacciatore is no longer committed to Illinois.

Looks like Cacciatore is joining his brother at Florida.

Looks like Mayo had an excellent summer up until August when he started losing a lot. Perhaps you are right about the injury.

Looks like Cacciatore is joining his brother at Florida.

Nope, that is Harry Cacciatore. If you notice, Harry and Grey are from Gainesville, while Henry is from Tampa.

Maybe he is cousins with them??

Either way, Henry Cacciatore, former Illinois recruit, does not have a commitment listed on TNR as of now.

Mayo's TRN page updated yesterday to show Illinois commitment. Funny because there were 8 other schools listed but Illinois wasn't one of them.

Go Illini!

It's not an elite class but hopefully a couple of guys who can play doubles. Yes, maybe the Illini win some doubles matches?

Mayo definitely looks like he could be a great doubles player - 6'5" with lots of power and good doubles results at the junior level.

Nope, that is Harry Cacciatore. If you notice, Harry and Grey are from Gainesville, while Henry is from Tampa.

Maybe he is cousins with them??

Either way, Henry Cacciatore, former Illinois recruit, does not have a commitment listed on TNR as of now.

How many tennis playing Cacciatores can there be in one state?

How many tennis playing Cacciatores can there be in one state?

Apparently, 3 :)

The funny thing is, if you do a player search for Cacciatore on the TRN site, they are the only three who come up in the entire system and they are all top-100 ranked seniors in Florida this year.

Although the article still states that one of them signed with Illinois...so much for clearing up any of the confusion.

My guess is that article was written a while ago and they forgot to edit it after Henry Patrick didn't sign with Illinois.

The part that was intriguing to me is the reference to Illinois' "huge recruiting class." I wonder if they have some international players in the pipeline we haven't heard about, yet, or if they were referring to last year's class of four players (now three).

JSM Challenger

Does anyone know how our guys are doing in the Challenger taking place at Atkins?