Blackhawks '19-'20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we find out which players stayed in shape. And hopefully we get a hot Crawford.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Sounds like if they lose v Oilers, they go back into the lottery but not sure which spot.

More details of the playoff format were released today. Among the things announced:

-Only play-in round will be best-of-5. All other rounds will be best-of-7.
-Conferences will be reseeded after each round rather than using a strict bracket.
-"Home" ice advantage for games in hub cities will be decided by higher seed through the conference finals. In the Stanley Cup Final, the team with the higher regular season points percentage gets "home" ice advantage.

I'm sure many of the Hawks fans on here remember where they were 10 years ago tonight:

For those who remember, did any of you know immediately know that Kane scored or did you have a delayed reaction like pretty much everyone other than Kane and Sharp did?

I'm sure many of the Hawks fans on here remember where they were 10 years ago tonight:

For those who remember, did any of you know immediately know that Kane scored or did you have a delayed reaction like pretty much everyone other than Kane and Sharp did?

Great moment. I did know that it was in based on Kane's reaction and not seeing the puck come off Leighton.

I've really been enjoying watching these replays. Hopefully the real thing actually happens and is awesome again.

First championship that I got to celebrate. One of the best days of my life. Always will have warm memories of that team

bdutts

Houston, Texas

I remember. I was in Calgary for work (my boss and I, from Chicago, were the only Hawks fans in the joint) and we headed over to a steak joint for dinner with our colleagues from Canada. Watched the third period in the bar while we ate. Calgary fans were cheering for Philly (probably no surprise). When Kane scored, I watched him throw his gloves up and I jumped up with my hands in the air and stood like that until the replay showed it was over. Our Calgary colleagues (Oilers fans from Fort McMurray) congratulated us on finally having a hockey winner. It was pouring rain on the walk back to our hotel. I had an umbrella that my boss was giving me crap for earlier in the day. He talked much less crap on the way home. :) I stayed up watching the highlights on TSN until about 1 am. Was delightful!

Getting closer to the NHL coming back. NHL and NHLPA approved the teams moving forward with Phase 3, which is formal training camps, beginning July 10, assuming local conditions allow for the teams to do so. Players had previously said they'd need about 3 weeks to get back into conditioning shape which would put the playoffs starting sometime in early August.

trying to wrap my head around this 24 team playoff and multi phase draft. havn't been following until 10 minutes ago......why are the best teams in the league being drawn for the number one pick? is that how the lottery works every year?????

trying to wrap my head around this 24 team playoff and multi phase draft. havn't been following until 10 minutes ago......why are the best teams in the league being drawn for the number one pick? is that how the lottery works every year?????
It's only the teams who do not qualify for the playoffs. This year, that will be the losers of the "play in series" which are teams 5-12 in each conference.

i looked at the seeding and realized some teams were not as good (record wise) as i thought. super tough for the 7 teams that are already out

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
So do the playoffs serve as some kind of extended training camp for the ‘20-‘21 season? Cause season usually starts the first week of October...

So do the playoffs serve as some kind of extended training camp for the ‘20-‘21 season? Cause season usually starts the first week of October...
'20-21 season is scheduled to begin on Dec 1. There will be a training camp as players will be changing teams in the offseason

Blackhawks haven’t ruled out Corey Crawford despite being ‘unfit to play’

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...monton-oilers-2020-nnl-stanley-cup-qualifiers

Olli Maata and Connor Murphy also "unfit to play" (aka COVID positive)

Still time for them all to be back in time for Aug 1 start, but they lose valuable practice time. I read another article, but can't find it to link here, which says the Hawks have 4 other goalies on the roster, 2 that have NHL experience, and 2 that don't. Of the 2 experienced ones, Patrick Kane says they are getting most of the practice reps, they are doing very well, and he has confidence in them if Crawford can't play.

As far as I can tell, Oilers' Caleb Jones is their only "unfit to play".

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Blackhawks haven’t ruled out Corey Crawford despite being ‘unfit to play’

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...monton-oilers-2020-nnl-stanley-cup-qualifiers

Olli Maata and Connor Murphy also "unfit to play" (aka COVID positive)

Still time for them all to be back in time for Aug 1 start, but they lose valuable practice time. I read another article, but can't find it to link here, which says the Hawks have 4 other goalies on the roster, 2 that have NHL experience, and 2 that don't. Of the 2 experienced ones, Patrick Kane says they are getting most of the practice reps, they are doing very well, and he has confidence in them if Crawford can't play.

As far as I can tell, Oilers' Caleb Jones is their only "unfit to play".

He still hasn't practiced yet. He has a little over a week to get into game shape. Time to see what Subban has.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Any thoughts on the Kraken? I will say that I hate the name but like the S logo. Just saw the sweaters. Too many colors, IMO.

" The 31-man roster the Blackhawks will have traveling to Edmonton must be finalized Sunday, and players are not allowed to join later, excepting emergency circumstances. "
https://www.secondcityhockey.com/20...-qualifying-round-edmonton-oilers-summer-camp

2 key things wrt Crawford: first, is he well enough to make the flight (or could he qualify for "emergency circumstances"), and second, what condition is he coming back in, that is, was he asymptomatic and able to stay in shape somehow, or was he laid out and really not going to be able to perform even when they release him from purgatory.

If the former, then next Wed is the only practice game (vs Blues in Edmonton), so if Crawford can be on the flight, he can get some good reps in. Might see Crawford, Subban and Lankinen each get a period, who knows? Kane likes how Subban and Lankinen have been doing, and generally seems pretty upbeat, so things sound pretty encouraging vs the Oilers, either way. Glad to have hockey back, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.