English Premier League 2020-2021

Mourinho was already complaining this week about the fixture schedule that Spurs has to deal with opening the season. Between Premier League, Europa League, and the Carabao Cup, they'll play 9 matches in 22 days that starts today vs. Everton before the first international break in early October.

Everton with a quality win 0:1 at Spurs. Calvert-Lewin with the lone goal in the 2nd half. First Everton win over Spurs since David Moyes was in charge. First time Spurs has lost their season opener since 2015.

Everton looked good. And I think will only look better as James gels with Richarlison and DCL. Doucoure looked good in midfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting for a top 4 spot late in the season.

And Spurs seems to be missing the creativity in midfield. Winks is solid but maybe not good enough. And Ali is great at times but other times disappears.

Everton looked good. And I think will only look better as James gels with Richarlison and DCL. Doucoure looked good in midfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting for a top 4 spot late in the season.
I'll admit I was only half paying attention for most of the match (mostly due to watching/listening to NFL related stuff) but I was impressed with what I saw. It easily could have been 0:2 or 0:3 based on some of the chances Richarlison got. I'd pump the brakes on them being a potential top 4 side after one match. If they continue to trend in this positive direction the remainder of the season, I wouldn't be suprised if they're at least competing for a European spot by the end of the year.

Centralia, IL
Jesus’s last second goal against Wolves set the record for most goals in a single match day in Prem history (since they’ve moved to 20 teams). Soccer is so boring though!