Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Govoner Vaugn Fan

New Orleans
When your opponent makes nearly 90% from the FT line, it's tough to win. When they hit nearly 90% on threes you're pretty much dead.

This is horrible coaching right now. We stick to our game plan and help defense off the shooters. Doesn't matter how many they make. Horrible recognition by the players as well.

Absolutely on coach, this is pathetic, zero adjustments. ZERO. How do you come out and wet the bed???

This is horrible coaching right now. We stick to our game plan and help defense off the shooters. Doesn't matter how many they make. Horrible recognition by the players as well.

Completely agree. Yes, it’s a blowout, but highly concerning that we continue to help off of shooters when it has been disastrous for over thirty minutes.

Most number of 3's given up by Illini all time is 19. Iowa is at 15 right now.

While I understand the sentiment, sometimes you've just gotta tip your hat. When you have as many deficiencies as we do, our true talent being as young as it is, you have to give up something. We have obviously decided we were going to make them beat us from the outside by helping off their shooters so Garza and Cook wouldn't beat us down low. To their credit, they've made shots. If "adjust" and stop helping off, Garza/Cook have a field day like the last oop.

It is truly remarkable how a little bit of a run can be completely stymied by whistles. Our team continues to fight and then the whistles, or in Georgi's case underneath, lack there of, slam the breaks on a bunch of young kids battling their hearts out on the road, unlike the Minnesota bunch did in a similar situation.

Deleted member 633632

D
Gorgi gets no calls grabbin rebounds and going back up amid 4 Hawkeyes

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
While I understand the sentiment, sometimes you've just gotta tip your hat. When you have as many deficiencies as we do, our true talent being as young as it is, you have to give up something. We have obviously decided we were going to make them beat us from the outside by helping off their shooters so Garza and Cook wouldn't beat us down low. To their credit, they've made shots. If "adjust" and stop helping off, Garza/Cook have a field day like the last oop.

Can't wait until teams have to tip their caps to us again on a regular basis.

I was a freshman in '04-'05. I often think about the few generations of Illinois students who likely never became fans of Illinois Basketball, or the recruits who haven't grown up with good Illini basketball. But it just dawned me the other fan bases that see Illinois on the schedule and look at it the same I'd see Penn State or Northwestern when I was in school. So sad.

Giorgi didn’t even argue (and he is known to). AJ foul was a touch foul, but his third and fourth were really dumb and obvious.

This officiating has been completely par for the course NCAA standard.

This entire game have been thinking if Kofi was only available right now...

I disagree, these guys live for shots where they can get their feet set catch and shoot. I rather take my shot with Garza and Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.