Game Thread: Illinois at Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even hating on the finish. Fine we are down 6. Go in and regroup and we get the ball. It’s all in front of us. 3 points hurts but doesn’t change anything with 2q to go. Can’t change it now

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
That is unbelievably poor play by the offense at the end of the half. Not only don't score but screw up bad enough to give Iowa points.

Deleted member 746654

D
Free 3 points for Iowa. We took 2 timeouts trying to get a field goal and gave them a field goal. Game changer

Well, Lovie got his three points. Unfortunately he got them for Iowa.

t7nich

Central IL
Defense doing its job. Brandon Peters and this Offense atrocious. Lovie gets an F for end of half management. Unreal, but totally predictable.

1574533944865.png

A very bad end to the half but I don’t mind the decision to go for it there. You gotta play to win the game. I just wish the execution was better.

Deleted member 29907

D
Rod Smith really has alot to learn still... Peters, though has to see that coming and have a planned response - e.g. role right and buy time

If your going to go for it, why use up your timeouts. Dumbest coaching move I have ever seen.

Well that was a real missed opportunity. In fact, I think we missed a lot of opportunities. The fact that we're down one score in this game after all those missed opportunities suggests to me that if we play better in the second half, as we have been, we can win this thing. Can our back seven hold up?

Deleted member 651864

D
My sound was off and I was screaming at the TV to kick the FG. Our kicker is good from 65 sometimes in practice. Ugh!!

Horrible clock management by Lovie there and it came back to bite him you always hold on to at lest one of your timeouts in that situation

Deleted member 656517

D
Very poor end..Lovie and staff continuing their rep of clock and end of first half mismanagement
I was happy with the clock management until 4th down. Lovie got out of himself and went for it when he usually punts

Deleted member 57255

D
Two consecutive timeouts? Not good. Need to have a play. If you get the first you need a timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.