Game Thread: Illinois at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible for bench players, to see those getting minutes turnover the ball and not hustling on defense. AJ, DJ, Kipper, and TJL have to be frustrated watching this.

illinoisfan11

Peoria, IL
I get having a bad shooting game on the road, but the effort has been embarrassing. That's all coaching.

Dakich talking about the team being lazy and that Groce needs to unload on them. Not good

I AM SO SICK OF JUMPING AT SHOOTERS. JCL HAS NOT CLOSED OUT PROPERLY IN ANY GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM PLAY. EVERYONE ON OUR TEAM JUMPS AT SHOOTERS. BEFORE GROCE GETS FIRED PLEASE AT LEAST TEACH THE YOUNG GUYS HOW TO CLOSE OUT. ITS EMBARRESSING

Wow, looked away from my phone for a little, and I look back to see 27-10 Maryland. :tsk:

I'm glad I didn't leave work early to watch it. Oh, how I long for better times.

Did they have a night out in Washington last night? Its like they are playing hung over.

Had a feeling this would happen. Not sure why so many people were predicting a win when we haven't done anything to prove we're better than Maryland. Just hope we don't go into panic mode after the game. It's our first road game of the season against a good team.

Also, that 3 to end the half was killer. A 13 point comeback would've seemed much more possible than a 16 point comeback.

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Either our talent is REALLY overrated or John Groce can't coach a lick. Or both. :(

Agreed, Tate isn't the reason we are losing right now. But whatever lets them sleep at night

Him being in the game is a big reason we are a terrible basketball team. He cannot play ddfense, cannot shoot, cannot handle the ball well, cannot initiate offense for other players...

Why is he on the court?

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
image.png

I'm not surprised with this score at all.
Hopefully we make a comeback to surprise me.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
I'm doubling up on my blood pressure meds to try to get through the second half. I hope groces vocal cords are coming out of his mouth right now. Some people need their a$$es chewed big time. If the starters don't come.out with their hair on fire the first two minutes, empty the bench. Put some guys in that want playing time. Send the message. Lovie wasn't afraid to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.