Game Thread: Illinois at Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 1st quarter Rutgers hit a field goal and then kicked off. We caught it on the 13 and attempted to run. Refs brought it back to 13. WHY?

the national

the Front Range
I’m both frustrated and encouraged. I think IW could be a decent qb as a dual threat but Rod is just soo terrible. His play calls have been a mess today. The defense...well... looks as bad as it ever has. It would be a miracle if we kept it close.

BZuppke

Plainfield
Bands from years past. Crowd looks the same lol.

In the 1st quarter Rutgers hit a field goal and then kicked off. We caught it on the 13 and attempted to run. Refs brought it back to 13. WHY?
They claimed a fair catch

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
our offensive line is no longer a strength, getting absolutely handled

Well. I hope the three pays off at the end of the game.

For YEARS our secondary just tries to hit with their shoulders instead of wrapping up, runners just bounce off for extra yardage. How has this not been fixed by coaching? It's inexcusable and loses us games.
I feel like this has been a problem since the Zook era. Guys are trying to blow up the receiver and make a highlight reel instead of just getting the tackle. It’s so frustrating

As soon as they did that incredibly stupid Epstein direct snap play I knew we weren’t getting it in. What are they thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.