Game Thread: Illinois vs Illinois Wesleyan (Exhibition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are oiled, for sure.

Need to be well oiled. Too many missed bunnies even for an opener. Good news, some 30 games to go.

illini80

Forgottonia
Working so any updates would be appreciated!

breadman

Herndon, VA
Everybody is being a chance to play. TUnderwood and AGriffen re in now. Feliz and GiorgiB in also.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Why are we prone to scoring droughts? Happened a lot last year and seems to have carried over to this year. Is the learning curve so steep that scoring droughts are just part of the territory?

blackdog

Champaign
Shooting and transition offense definitely are an upgrade from last year. So far still look clunky running half court O

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I know we're not running away with this one like we should, but I like the fact that a lot of guys are getting minutes.

Definitely need to improve on D though.

Edit: just to clarify I see we're putting a lot of pressure on IW, but they are also getting away with more open looks and drives than I would hope to see from a D3 team. Only reason IW doesn't have a higher score is that they keep missing LOL. We will pay a heavier price come league play if we don't shore that up.

Last edited:

blackdog

Champaign
Aaron Jordan is looking like he is going to be a great contributor on both sides of the ball. Making lots of smart plays.

blackdog

Champaign
I think Trent is ready for the season to start. Already has 13 points

t7nich

Central IL
Illini taking charges. Helps to have the quicker athletes

Feliz is strong and smart

Griffin can shoot

Ayo is big for a guard. Poised

We aren’t good at put backs

Damone is our best rebounder?

Trent gonna Trent! 11 pts 2 asst right now