Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 631370

D
People acting apocalyptic that we're playing sloppy after almost winning against the #3 team in the country and only having a 14 hour layoff

Right, because Iowa State has had lots of rest. Come on.

Iowa State is down 4 of their top 6 players, and Shayok has been sitting a good chunk of the game. There is ZERO excuse for us to be whipped physically like this. ZERO.

Deleted member 645583

D
It's not over.

Why can't Illinois find a center like this Iowa State guy?

Longer team with better athletes right now is making a lot of our game very difficult. We had a big effort yesterday to try and compete but you can't have that energy 16 hours after that game.

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
What the heck has happened to the up tempo, tough defense? Put the stupid whistles away! Tempo, game flow killing calls. Underwood needs to put the late second half rotation back in the game. At least someone could score.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Woof. Nothing going right. I think the quick turnaround from last night was worse than I expected.

We don't suck in general, but tonight we are awful. We look like we are stuck in the mud on offense and defense. THT would be incredible if he lost some weight and improved his quickness a little. I'm very disappointed with our lack of fire. Also, Kipper's butt can stay on the bench until he gives Underwood a reason to play him.

Why don't BU play Tevian Jones or Samba Kane? We have no size in the game and it's killing us!

Deleted member 631370

D
props to THT for showing out today

I'm clearly rooting against him and his team. But gotta tip your cap to the kid. After our last second scholarship yank, he's clowning us pretty good. He's earned it.

Long, long season ahead, folks.

Can someone please explain to me why they never call traveling in college anymore. I am disliking the college game very much now that they're letting all this NBA stuff go.

Good to see BU and staff make adjustments and make a concerted effort to get Griffin in play. Kid showed something yesterday, payoff today, and he is paying it forward for the ILLINI. Really like the flow AG plays with. Ayo is playing within himself against THT, nice to see. THT is a "good" college player NOT great as many predicted. Williams and Frazier will be stepping up in the 2nd half, Jones might have been lapped by AG, and DeLaRosa giving us servicable minutes, which is all we need. ILLINI WIN coming up, BU vs Prohm (shorthanded) I take BU either way!

16 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists. He looks pretty great to me

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
I think I could find someone that wants to play. Right now this looks more a John Groce team. Miss a shot hang your head, get a weak reaching foul. Let your man score hang your head, make a turn over, don't hustle. Don't block out. I don't know which is worse the Illini or the announcers!

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
God I want to love and trust and believe in BU. But we are just a streaky mess. When will the discipline arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.