Game Thread: Illinois vs Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is on the players too. ridiculous. I would not a coach to motivate me to play. pathetic. Morgan has been so soft today

chief78

Florida
I guess my incredibly bad BTN2Go not working is not a bad thing based on the score.

IlliniInOK

no longer in OK! Centralia, IL
Personal foul differential is 7/3 Illinois/Michigan.

I really am actually grateful for this horrible performance. Makes it easier to release Groce without feeling conflicted about it.

The man is generous to a fault... haha

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Minus a ferocious, ridiculous comeback and dominating the remainder of the game, you absolutely, positively, 100% have to reset Illinois basketball. Forget all the "home run" hire BS.....if this game ends like it has started and we get run out of the gym by a team in practice uni's and shoes after such a traumatic event, you can't possibly have faith that Groce can continue.

If he can't get the most experienced team in the Big10 ready to play against the last place team with the NCAA Tourney on the line, then waltz into the BIG10 tourney and get embarrassed, what makes you think he's going to be able to get the next team full of all these great recruits ready to play?

Groce is over. It has to end now. This is not Illinois basketball.

Xfactr

Lake Forest, IL
I can't even believe the BTN is talking about the Illini being on the bubble. Really!

Illini34

Champaign, IL
I've been a groce supporter for the longest time but he's done here. Better call up Bryce Drew and Roger Powell down at Vanderbilt

The commentators take a lil swipe at Groce who spent the time "trying to motivate his players" while Beilein was "drawing up plays". At some point you've "gotta talk about basketball" lol. This game will be the nail in the coffin for many.

CUWPC

Geneva, IL
Well does he get the axe by tomorrow.

That's assuming we'd win a game.
All too true. Was trying to believe, however naively, that there's a big gap between potential and actual performance, and that a jarring event like a coaching change before the NIT might be enough to make them go nuts for a few games. I mean, it's all I have left.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
Beilein is working Groce over again. Michigan is swarming the passing lanes and Hill + Morgan have no clue what to do to combat Michigan's D. Adjustments are needed post haste.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
I just cannot believe that they will actually be firing him. Thats why this game makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Damn, Tracy just put our carcass on his back this last two minutes, we look much sharper on defense just by getting some points on the board.

if I was belein id run p/r the rest of the game. no reason to do anything else. the switches are crazy. When we were playing well we were good at hedge and recover. now its like watching biddy ball

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Went to three bars to get the game and they didn't have it. Thank God for that now .

Just so damn disgusting that we can't put up a fight

Deleted member 3875

D
Exhibit A of why a change is needed. No NIT please.

Just the same pattern every time in big games like this is all you need to know about a coach. Within the first five minutes they're down double digits and have zero sense of direction/conviction, whatever you wanna call it. PATHETIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.