Game Thread: Illinois vs Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what Jordan was made for, get him these open looks and he will kill u all day from 3

Earlier this year I said Ayo was a bust. I would like to formally retract that statement.

SKane

Tennessee
I predicted an Illinois win.

I predicted a score of 72 - 71.

I was half right.

Deleted member 746094

D
Just got caught up via DVR and watching real time.

I mentioned Ayo needed to develop a mid range game before considering the draft this year. At this point I still think he needs to stay one more year to maximize his draft stock, but the past 5 games it looks like he takes a giant step forward in his game each time. What a talent and what a basketball player. Maybe tough to keep him around for another year. Enjoy it while we can and pray he really loves Chambana!

I think Ayo needs another year, he’s not big enough to get his shot at the next level...jmho

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Frankenstein_PowerOff_v01_jo.gif

SKane

Tennessee
Help me remember the last time that Illinois beat a conference opponent by 30 points.

I expect that it has been awhile. I don't think that even the 2004 - 2005 team did that.

I think Ayo needs another year, he’s not big enough to get his shot at the next level...jmho

I wholeheartedly agree....he needs to work on defensive quickness and strength. He will not finish as easily at the rim in the NBA without more strength. Needs to learn more moves to expand his arsenal of moves also. Moving on after a year is a chasm full of NBA busts.....get ready for another season and leave a legacy while becoming a legend. I hope he enjoys playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Next season should be terrific as they can challenge for the top of the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.