Game Thread: Illinois vs Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgottonia
We are as bad as we have ever been.

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI and Illiniguy13
We won last year because of incredible luck in getting takeaways. Trying to force takeaways is not a viable defensive strategy. We’re not getting them this year, And that’s a big reason why we’re going to lose every game this year.

Reactions: ILL_INI, ATR2019, thehass and 2 others
New York City, N.Y. City
Have we considered that the problem might be Lovie has not filled enough coaching positions with himself or his family members?

Reactions: ILL_INI, IlliniwekKDR, ATR2019 and 2 others
Dave Revsine just announced we gave up 340 yards in the first half.
The defense is just as bad, if not worse, than last year. It’s time to pull the plug on Lovie and his staff.

South Carolina
We won last year because of incredible luck in getting takeaways. Trying to force takeaways is not a viable defensive strategy. We’re not getting them this year, And that’s a big reason why we’re going to lose every game this year
And a handful of Herculean efforts by bhebhe, Peters, Dre brown, and hansen. But not a good team overall

Reactions: Oskeefan
At first I was mad that I couldn't get the game on BTN but then realized it was likely a blessing with how nice it is outside. Checked the score and yep, it was a blessing

Reactions: IlliniwekKDR and SouthFLILLINI
I think it’s pretty clear that Lovie’s not the guy. We have a history of keeping coaches too long. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself!

Reactions: ILL_INI, Oskeefan and SouthFLILLINI
New York City, N.Y. City
A punt on 4th and goal. Now I have truly seen everything.

Reactions: tyrannosaurus scorus
Why are they leaving taylor out there with an obvious hand injury in a clear passing situation?

Reactions: pvaughn8 and Illini-Rule
Western Illinois
That was such an Illinois thing to happen. 1st and goal and we end up having to punt.

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI and thehass
Fire all the coaches, play the younger players. Get Isiah William's, Reggie Love, shammond Cooper, etc. Time. Start it over and pray to God you hit the jackpot and find a good head coach!

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI
St. Louis
I think the thing I most dread about where we are is everyone knowing we are dead in the water, but the coaching staff giving the cliche reasons they lose games. I get they won't say they suck, but it would be refreshing to hear a coach say it.

Reactions: Illini4life79
Status
Not open for further replies.