How does your Illini room compare to ilphotog's?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Seriously impressive.

And thanks for that "scorehere.com" website, by the way. My wife hates you now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoggle, i too played against dusty bensko(pleasant plains) in baseball and basketball.We were in the same conference so we played quite a few times against each other. And i dont think we beat him in either sports all four years. lol

Off topic but they were tough. They had the ISU pitcher clark, bo gum national juco champion at parkland and later played at st joes, Jordan Roth Quincy U for basketball, Joe Albsmeyer LLCC and D2 somewhere, Erin Szucko played gold in college and Dusty. We lost 4-1 my senior year to them with clark throwing for them and our worst pitcher for us. The only team from the city 32-3 springfield high beat them. We ended up 24-10 and an horrible 8-6 in the cs8. I'm sure I played against you where did you go. Oh yeah Kastner played on that team to. I grew up playing with the pp traveling team so I know most of the those kids. We had four Springfield Statesman on my high school team in Kyes, Locker, Gurnsey and Hemstock.. Man the statesmen were loaded with talent and one of the best traveling teams in teh country.

Jphill1989

J
Photo that collection is sick. I love that room, i hope to have one one day myself. I have probably 1/30th of that though haha. But im young and hope to expand. I think when i get my own house im going to invest in those illini carpet tiles on that website.

All ive gotta say is your room is probably the greatest room ever known to an illini fan. Congrats bud.

Majinga

M
Amazing. That is all. Amazing.

Do you give tours? If I ever make it back to Illinois, I will pay to visit you! :D

Nice job!

IlliniAmy

I
I do not have an impressive collection myself. However, a local couple in Rochester can compete. I believe I posted some pics from a tailgate at their house last summer, but here are a few of them:

100_1408.jpg

100_1409.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1411.jpg

100_1412.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1414.jpg

100_1415.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1417.jpg

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Wow! Amazing! I can't decide who's is better. BTW, it looks like they already have one of those Illini lockers.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
I'm so jealous of all of this. Assuming I end up with the money and space I'd like to have something like this. Although I'd probably do half Illini/half Cardinals.

IlliniAmy

I
I'm so jealous of all of this. Assuming I end up with the money and space I'd like to have something like this. Although I'd probably do half Illini/half Cardinals.

:thumb::clappy::hail:

Majinga

M
There is nothing to do but :hail:

All I have is my Illinois degree on my wall, an Illini pennant, and an Illinois Cheer-Me-Up Scrapbook.

:illinois::ah::illinois::ms::illinois:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
There is nothing to do but :hail:

All I have is my Illinois degree on my wall, an Illini pennant, and an Illinois Cheer-Me-Up Scrapbook.

:illinois::ah::illinois::ms::illinois:
I just have my degree, my wife's degrees, a big historic map of Champaign, Urbana, and Campus, a couple books (U of I in pictures and a historic book on U of I), a classic pennant from the '40s, and a blanket with all the campus landmarks all in my office. I'm not worthy.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Sadly my room has been retired, too much to mention why without getting pissed. Lets just say you make a decision at one point in your life and at the time it seems like the right one to make. Then four years later you realize that you made the biggest error in judgement in your life, so the home goes on the market, and the thought of strangers walking through my Illini room with me not there, no way. So its all packed away, I will either sell the entire collection or wait and see where I end up and start anew.
Its nothing sad, just time to move on from the situation I'm in now. I think some of you understand.

illinicb

Northbrook
A picture with Erin Andrews is impressive. The other stuff is just junk. ;)

Champaignillini

C
Amy - Wow! That's awesome!

Cary - Sad to hear that your legendary room has been retired. It was as good as they come.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Update
I'm down to hopefully getting a condo soon, either this fall or early spring, the good news instead of an Illini room, I'll have an Illini condo! I just couldn't sell my collection, I'm regrouping and once I decide on which one I'll design my Illini Room/Condo #3.

William

W
Both Museums should be in the recruiting cycle. This just proves that Zook at least needs to call you both and say I'm sorry for my comment......Great work....

This was the best thread I could find to post this.

http://ibid.illinois.gov/detail.asp?id=2182&pic=4#img

This would be an excellent addition to any Illini room.

If I had a place for it I wouldn't be sharing the site. :)

I have this locker in my Illini basement. I got mine from a lady in Springfield who had it in her garage for $100. I had to tip it on it's side to bring it home in my truck. When I got home, I noticed a bunch of single earings and individual Gatoraide packs fell out of the back. Very cool.

Shortstop81

S
I love the loyalty!!!!!! Wow awesome!!!!!! I have many newspaper articles that I have framed in my room from our awesome 2004/2005 season and some a few posters and other various things. But nothing like this. AWESOME!!!!

Shortstop81

S
Oh I love the I love head aka Luther head shirt as well

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Update
I'm down to hopefully getting a condo soon, either this fall or early spring, the good news instead of an Illini room, I'll have an Illini condo! I just couldn't sell my collection, I'm regrouping and once I decide on which one I'll design my Illini Room/Condo #3.
Excellent. I can't wait to see the pics of it when you've got it completed. I'm sure it will be at least as impressive as your basement room was. :thumb:

OrangeFever

Seattle area
I missed the bump on this incredible site. Cary's Illini room is beyond belief. I don't remember seeing the picture of Dee visiting, which is nifty.

Whenever I see the collection (and it keeps growing), I simply can't believe my eyes.

Oops, edit: just realized the Dee photo is in the room that Amy mentioned in Rochester. My mistake, but Cary's collection still is off the wall (literally, now, at least for a little while).

Last edited:

OrangeFever

Seattle area

There can be no divided loyalties. Cary is all in, and he sets the standard for the rest of us pretenders . . . :thumb: