Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Rothstein tweeted out some Big10 predictions re: teams & players. The bad news is he slotted us 12th in the preseason power rankings (no surprise). The good news is he listed Damonte as a breakout player & Tevian as an under-the-radar freshman to keep an eye on. Also listed Feliz as an impact transfer.

Reminds me of when Zook was hired. He mispronounced 'Illinois'.

I can understand someone mispronouncing Illini, but any idiot who says Illinois with an "s" sound on the end needs to be made fun of. No adult says "Are- Kansas" when saying Arkansas. And, again, if they do, they need made fun of and educated.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I can understand someone mispronouncing Illini, but any idiot who says Illinois with an "s" sound on the end needs to be made fun of. No adult says "Are- Kansas" when saying Arkansas. And, again, if they do, they need TO BE made fun of and educated.
FIFY ;)

Jon Rothstein tweeted out some Big10 predictions re: teams & players. The bad news is he slotted us 12th in the preseason power rankings (no surprise). The good news is he listed Damonte as a breakout player & Tevian as an under-the-radar freshman to keep an eye on. Also listed Feliz as an impact transfer.
El General=Starter:)

And the really good news is Northwestern was 13th.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Bez is going to be a fan favorite. A fun-loving personality should be great for the team too. Hoping he seriously outplays his ranking. And, yeah, I think there's a reasonably good chance he will.

I can understand someone mispronouncing Illini, but any idiot who says Illinois with an "s" sound on the end needs to be made fun of. No adult says "Are- Kansas" when saying Arkansas. And, again, if they do, they need made fun of and educated.
"Victoooory!
Illinoi-SSSSSSSSSSSSS"
This is a relatively new Krush and MB thing that I think is great.

What was that Giorgi said about the "free" education? About 30 seconds in.
Hate to break it to him, but it is being paid somewhere by someone, just not him.
What most people don't realize is the DIA actually pays the University for each scholarship and Giorgi being International, it's probably a fairly sizeable amount for each year.

What was that Giorgi said about the "free" education? About 30 seconds in.
Hate to break it to him, but it is being paid somewhere by someone, just not him.

Also, hate to break it to you, but someone somewhere is getting paid off of him. Just not him.

Bez is going to be a fan favorite. A fun-loving personality should be great for the team too. Hoping he seriously outplays his ranking. And, yeah, I think there's a reasonably good chance he will.
I would hope he would outplay #369 and does it early on.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I would hope he would outplay #369 and does it early on.

No doubt. I'm talking about seriously outplaying his ranking. Very much hoping he turns out to be an Augustine-light. Yeah, no evidence, only hope. We'll find out soon enough.

Last year we had 10 players with at least 14 minutes per game in conference play. Curious as to opinions of people on this year's numbers. Is that optimum for style of play or was it a search for better play. If it is ten players, which two won't see action? Will two players be redshirted after 4 games?

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
"Victoooory!
Illinoi-SSSSSSSSSSSSS"

No S!

Define "new". Cause they were doing that before I got there and that was almost 2009, almost 10 years ago haha. ;) Can't believe that.

Last year we had 10 players with at least 14 minutes per game in conference play. Curious as to opinions of people on this year's numbers. Is that optimum for style of play or was it a search for better play. If it is ten players, which two won't see action? Will two players be redshirted after 4 games?

I appreciate your intentions! Actual discussion on next year’s BB team. Novel.

Dan

Admin
Game 1: Illinois vs Gonzaga
Game 2: Illinois vs Arizona or Iowa State

Di4FmfoWsAAg_OD.jpg

https://mauiinvitational.com/news/2...ed-in-maui-jim-maui-invitational-bracket.aspx

The full schedule is typically released in early August. Here's what's been reported so far-

Florida Atlantic at Illinois, TBD
Evansville at Illinois on Thu., Nov. 8th
Georgetown at Illinois (Gavitt Games) on Tue., Nov. 13th
Illinois vs Gonzaga game 1 in Maui Invitational (Nov. 19-21)
Illinois at Notre Dame (B1G/ACC Challenge) on Tue., Nov 27th
UNLV at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 8th
East Tennessee State at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 15th
Illinois vs Missouri (Braggin' Rights in St. Louis) on Sat., Dec. 22nd

20-game B1G schedule-

* 2 Big Ten early games between Fri., Nov. 30th-Tue., Dec. 4th
* 1 home B1G game will be played at the United Center in Chicago

HOME & AWAY
Indiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

Last edited:
Game 1: Illinois vs Gonzaga
Game 2: Illinois vs Arizona or Iowa State

Di4FmfoWsAAg_OD.jpg

https://mauiinvitational.com/news/2...ed-in-maui-jim-maui-invitational-bracket.aspx

The full schedule is typically released in early August. Here's what's been reported so far-

Florida Atlantic at Illinois, TBD
Evansville at Illinois on Thu., Nov. 8th
Georgetown at Illinois (Gavitt Games) on Tue., Nov. 13th
Illinois vs Gonzaga game 1 in Maui Invitational (Nov. 19-21)
Illinois at Notre Dame (B1G/ACC Challenge) on Tue., Nov 27th
UNLV at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 8th
East Tennessee State at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 15th
Illinois vs Missouri (Braggin' Rights in St. Louis) on Sat., Dec. 22nd

20-game B1G schedule-

* 2 Big Ten early games between Fri., Nov. 30th-Tue., Dec. 4th
* 1 home B1G game will be played at the United Center in Chicago

HOME & AWAY
Indiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

Nice - Wins over Gonzaga, Arizona and Duke for the Maui Championship

"Victoooory!
Illinoi-SSSSSSSSSSSSS"

lol You might be quite a bit older then me (hence "relatively new") but they've been doing this for almost 20 years now since the early 2000s when I was in elementary school and going to games.

Status
Not open for further replies.