Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey

Los Angeles
“Fights” amongst teammates are typically pushing, shoving, and jawing back and forth. I can’t imagine punches being thrown in practices happens frequently around the country and at your top level programs it definitely wouldn’t be tolerated. It shows lack of discipline and composure. Not competitive intensity. There is a HUGE difference.

Much, much more common than you think.

Loyalillini10

Urbana, IL
Tough news for Mizzou with Porter being hurt. I feel bad for the young man (not Mizzou, though). I hope we can avoid this kind of thing in the off-season. Please, Illini, don’t kill each other before the season starts...

Kipper gets chewed out by coach for lack of hustle then throws a punch at a freshman who it sounds like may have been out-hustling him. That's a bad look for a junior you're counting on to help lead the team.

To quote the ex-Philly star, "This is practice, not a game. It's practice!"

The same can be said to the incident being completely off-putting to Timme. I think more important than the incident itself is how BU chose to handle it. We weren't given all that info so who knows.

We are so desperate for anyone to sign, we over analyze every little detail about each visit we have right now. If Timme decides to go elsewhere, it will be for a lot more reasons then the incident in practice.

If Timme goes elsewhere, it'll have zero to do with the incident in practice.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

giphy.gif

Deleted member 643761

D

On the flip side, if we get Timme, we'll have to hire a WWE consultant to stage mock fights for future recruiting visits.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
I agree. I loved where it was going until he said punches were thrown. Especially concerning coming from Kipper as no matter the circumstances an upperclassman exchanging punches with a freshman is not in any way shape or form what a leader would do. And this happened in front of our most talented recruit(and parents) left on our board? Bad show and reflects poorly overall.

Timme is a huge trash talker and doesn't back down from anyone. One of the reasons besides his talent that Underwood loves him. I bet he loved it. A swing was taken, no punches were landed.

So I was at a bachelor party and talking to my uncle who is a huge Iowa fan this weekend and made a bet with that the Illini would finish in the Top 5 of the Big Ten..

Sure hope sober me doesn't have to cash in for intoxicated me's bold thinking and talk :LOL:

Why are we focusing on the fight when Adonis showed ahead of schedule agility?

That could mean he just processed what was going on and got up faster from the bench area?

So I was at a bachelor party and talking to my uncle who is a huge Iowa fan this weekend and made a bet with that the Illini would finish in the Top 5 of the Big Ten..

Sure hope sober me doesn't have to cash in for intoxicated me's bold thinking and talk :LOL:

Damn man....hope the bet wasn't like a beach house or Harley.....maybe your uncle was drunk and won't remember

Silver lining- I think Adonis could be a huge addition to this team even if he doesn’t make an impact with his play on the court until mid season. Sounds like a real leader that can help the youthful talent gel sooner rather than later.

At the open practice when EJ, OT, and Shannon were in town one of the things I enjoyed the most was seeing Adonis standing under the basket coaching up Samba on nearly every drill or play. Would immediately put his arm around him and give him tips on how to improve what he just did.

Awesome seeing him showing veteran leadership and finding a way to contribute until he’s healthy again.

Saw practice yesterday - baring an injury, our guards are too good to let us finish as low as #13.

Besides, do we not have a bunch of kids who have been to the state championships in their respective states? That has to count for something that these predictors do not account for.

Rough. That is rough.
For those who don't remember, I'd like to make it clear that's not mine. "Georgian Ibby Djimde" was a Second and Chalmers special, I think it was the same week he said that our staff were chickens with their heads cut off. And there were plenty of skeptic posts about Giorgi's workout video with the traffic cones. He and the coaches were mocked. That said, I also wasn't one of the posters comparing his game to Augustine's, which may have been a bit premature and no doubt incited some exaggerated pushback.
I personally love what Giorgi brings to the team, and have many reasons to hope for a long and successful career for the Illini. I can't wait for him to pass Ibby's career marks in game one. He'll have some ups and downs, but i have no doubt that when he leaves we'll be sad to see him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.