Illinois 41, Nebraska 23 Postgame

Admin
:illinois:

Last edited:
Reactions: Illini_1979 and KevinC
Wow. Great win. Happy for the players.

Reactions: Chukwuwumba, illiniswish09, KevinC and 16 others
New York City, N.Y. City
Maybe the problem is that we misunderstood Lovie Ball. It's not about turnovers and conservative play calling. It's looking like the worst team in all college football for the first third of the season and then beating #6 Wisconsin or hanging 41 on Nebraska completely out of nowhere.

Reactions: Illini_05, Chukwuwumba, cuillini and 5 others
BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Tuned in late. Huge win! Will need to go back and watch the replay to see how it happened.

I know how you feel, Nebraska.

Reactions: poor dirt farmer, Fighter of the Nightman and Ramrod2010
285 yards rushing against the Black Shirt defense. (Or maybe 271 against their D and 14 for Blake Hayes against the ST?)

But for a scary looking injury to a Nebraska player, I'd say it was a perfectly enjoyable game end to end.

Reactions: Chukwuwumba and 1970 John
Good coaching today, Rod Smith called the game well. Great execution by the players. I think Peters deserves some more respect overall from everyone

Reactions: Chukwuwumba, krushdad, APS iMBA and 15 others
Tyngsborough, MA
I enjoyed the game. Hope the injured Nebraska player recovers quickly.

Reactions: Retro62, KevinC, Poe's Law and 11 others
Superlative overall effort -- A to Z!!

I think this was probably Lovie's best game/victory since his arrival. Impressive effort by our guys!

Reactions: Illwinsagain, Chukwuwumba, MoCoMdIllini and 1 other person
Rod’s play calling looked good today, because they executed. Might have been good all year, but the players messed it up. Great win

St. Louis
I'm hard on this staff, but I have to give them credit today. Good gameplan and good execution. Of course Nebraska was abysmal, but either way we took advantage of it.

Reactions: Chukwuwumba, JimILL75 and wma500
First win in Lincoln since 1924 & on black shirt day. Great win for the coaches & players! Three tough foes ahead of us. We play like this, who knows?!

Reactions: MoCoMdIllini
We get an undefeated OSU team next week. How about a repeat of 2007?

Reactions: Chukwuwumba, APS iMBA, SactownIllini and 9 others
This was the first game we've won against anyone not named rutgers in the Lovie era that didn't feel totally flukey

Reactions: APS iMBA, mossimo142, the national and 5 others
So Illinois has a 2-1 record when their first or second string QB starts the game. Surprise surprise Illini aren’t good enough to win with their 4th string QB and missing a dozen or so players. But turns out they’re not too bad when just about at full strength.

Good game and fun game to watch.

Reactions: Dren1, Chukwuwumba, Buck Turgidson and 7 others
Kelso, WA
The Illini have now won their last two straight games in a row without a loss! Very refreshing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramrod2010
Tennessee
The team played great.

I hope that the injured Nebraska player will be okay.

Reactions: APS iMBA, 1970 John, KevinC and 5 others