Illinois 71, Michigan 62 POSTGAME

1576124463833.png

1576124565393.png

man....Katz loves us!

He suggests that Kofi could win Freshman of the Year AND could potentially be a 2nd team All-American!

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Really solid win. Certainly I still have feelings of frustration that they have have such horrible halves against Miami and Maryland and come out and do this. But this is reason to celebrate and feel proud. Take care of business the rest of the month, beat the living you know what out of MIZNOZ, and we can go into the real B1G season with some confidence.

Giorgi showed big time leadership with his dunk and block...obviously Kofi is leading by example...Ayo showed a lot of improvement...erased the nits I was picking , great win for team and coach...still have a few minutes on bench when needed IMO...Go Illinois...

Ayo was the MOST engaged I have seen him this year...wonder who put a bug in his ear and challenged him against a Top 5?
Frazier was like a lil pest that Simpson did not care for...good for him for standing ground.
Giorgi, needs to just continue to go hard, have fun, but man play all the time like that dunk drive!
Kofi...the MAN for us, loved the game, the passion, didn't like the accidental right hook...hope the ref got that trucks license ###
Kipper just needs to give us what he is giving us, nothing more.
DaMonte did some lil things, will be his role for career.
Dre, had some key drives, didn't over push it which was nice.

Overall this game was BU signature win, his best team effort since being hired, and this team showed after Maryland they WANTED this one!!! Well done ILLINI!

This is gonna sound weird, but I don't even think we played exceptionally well? Like we played a really solid game and Kofi continues to surpass even our wildest expectations, but that was just a pretty thorough handling of the #5 team in the country without anything really crazy going our way offensively, right?
I think we caught a couple breaks for once. But I’d argue things went our way overall offensively. We played to our strength and what was working and dominated the paint.
But I do agree! But we can definitely play better, which is awesome

Awesome win. Still a few red flags. Principally 3 point shooting. But this was a must win with the Miami loss so proud to see them come through.

Early on in the season I thought hack a Shaq might be a defense against Kofi. I guess that won't be happening.

Rad

Nashville, TN
Great energy and focus throughout the game!

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Maybe this is just me but has anyone noticed the SFC rims sound SUPER tight this year? Are they just mic'd differently or are they new/different or what?

blackdog

Champaign
We dominated the boards. +16 rebound margin. +9 on offensive rebounds. +7 on defensive rebounds. Me like.

That's a theme for the year which is sooo nice considering how we've been getting dominated inside for what feels like years. It's not just the big guys too its everybody getting after it. Damonte, Dre, Alan, and Ayo are all fantastic rebounders from the perimeter. It makes such a huge difference when you have multiple guys being aggressive on he glass on both ends of the court. We are so used to seeing passive rebounding it's nice to see guys really attacking the rebound to the point of fighting teammates for the ball

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Oh my, Juwan looks so uncomfortable at the podium.....like his underwear is 3 sizes too small.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I set my phone down with the game thread up when Kofi went K.O. on the ref. Didnt take a look at it till now. Reading all those posts during Michigans 7-0 run knowing how the game ended was fun. A LOT of hot takes for about a page and a half.

Awesome win. Still a few red flags. Principally 3 point shooting. But this was a must win with the Miami loss so proud to see them come through.

Early on in the season I thought hack a Shaq might be a defense against Kofi. I guess that won't be happening.
I would be really interested in what coach worked out Kofis free throw issues....that coach deserves kudos!

Overall great showing.....is it just me or do others see Dre ignoring wide open wings? I counted at least twice he could have dropped a pass to AG for an open 3.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Gotta hand it to Underwood and staff. They had an incredible gameplan to run Michigan off the three point line and funnel things to Kofi, who wasn't having any of it tonight!

Credit the players for executing the gameplan too. Job well done all around! :clappy:
Iowa gave us a great blueprint. Iowa dominated them inside but let michigan kill them beyond the arc and got a ton of offensive rebounds. BU went to school off that game.