Illinois 78, Maryland 67 POSTGAME

"Let's clean the house," the wife said. "There's nothing else going on," she said.

giphy (1).gif

The locker room video had me a bit choked up. Nice to see the pure joy from a team battling through a very challenging season. One of the toughest schedules in the country with a young team. I would LOVE to see this team put a little fear in some of the upper half teams going forward. Let’s be a wrecking ball to the standings!

This being Illinois, I can see Tevian having a complete breakout; averaging 18 and 6 from here on out.

This being Illinois, I can see Tevian being chosen right after Ayo in the first round of the NBA draft.

I jest, but it would be a completely Illinois thing to do.
Nah.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
This being Illinois, I can see Tevian having a complete breakout; averaging 18 and 6 from here on out.

This being Illinois, I can see Tevian being chosen right after Ayo in the first round of the NBA draft.

Tev's gonna have to guard somebody if he wants to be a pro, but he's a young guy with all the tools, he's got time.

The length and the stroke will keep him in the back of scouts' minds though.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

Considering there has been one Illinois player drafted in the first in almost 15 years, this would not be a completely Illinois thing to do.

sacraig

The desert
Is it possible (no idea how I can do this) to provide the numbers for each week since the season started?

If someone had the proper motivation, it could be done using archive.org, but it would be time consuming. Perhaps if you subscribe to KenPom, it would be easier, but I don't.

Deleted member 29907

D
What happened that caused Turgeon to get a T right when the called the phantom foul on Giorgi in the closing minute? I missed that discussion.

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
So I decided I'd "rest my eyes" right around 1:30 EST. We were trailing by a couple at halftime.
I woke up around 4:30.

oops.

Now I'll need to nap through the second half of every game from now until April. #whateverittakes

Deleted member 547530

D
Love the locker room video. That is not a group of young men who thinks BU is to tough on them. Quite the contrary, this seems to be a group of young men that would run thru a brick wall for BU. Could not be happier for team and staff. Great win.

sacraig

The desert
Our KenPom rating places us right ahead of Mizzou. If we finish the season ahead of Mizzou in KenPom, I'd consider that a positive finish. If we can somehow snag an NIT invitation and get a few extra games in, I would consider that an extra successful end of the season.

Solidifys my projected lineup next year. Ayo, Trent, Tevian, Giorgi, and Kofi. Don't believe any new recruit will break in to that lineup but would love to see one that can. Wouldn't be bad to have another PG as I will be surprised if Kipper doesn't transfer and that leaves another scholarship And would like to see a freshman to go along with soph, jr, and sr.

After the loss to FAU thought BU lost the team. Seems like we are seeing more of a fatherly BU vs. the Bobby Knight style. Nice to see players interact with coach better and buy into his coaching.

Regarding Tev, hope he stays clear of bad decisions. Great to hear the players/coaches supported him during the suspension. Hope for continued success.

Most likely seed, #15? The only way we make the tournament is by winning the BTT. It would be extraordinarily difficult to win the BTT with fewer than two very high quality wins. Would we still be a #15 seed if that happened? As a #14 seed, we'd only need to beat a #3 and a #7 to make it to the second week.

Look at me. We get one real quality win and I am adrift in fantasyland.

I wasn't even sure I would watch this game. Then I accidentally saw the final score and OH MY, I'VE GOTTA SEE THIS !!
AJ's play was so strong. Great to see extra effort have an impact and every teammate saw that too.
#FreeTev is now a movement.
ADLR had a solid game today, I thought.
What can you say about Ayo getting to the rim? He's so smooth.

Man, that was fun. I could do this again.