Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Down

Chicago, IL
I feel like somebody is feeling bad today for the editing on this one.

"It is also a football program that program that possesses a storied tradition..."

DGJjfT2XYAAZcDv.jpg:small

Didn't we have the same thing last year with typos? Don't get how this gets through any sort of review/approval.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Also, the last sentence should really be two (instead of semicolon there should be a period and new sentence).

Deleted member 3875

D
Inexcusable that no one in the athletic department proofreads the most important document sent to a recruit and his family. We look stupid.

Double Down

Chicago, IL
Inexcusable that no one in the athletic department proofreads the most important document sent to a recruit and his family. We look stupid.

Second this opinion. Our brand is not the strongest right now and this doesn't help.

word on the street is that Ford will be wearing the orange and blue if we make a bowl game this season.

I'm guessing the marketing department includes designers (and some great ones at that) but no copywriter/editor. They need to send stuff like that to the DIA's communication dept so someone can give it the once-through before sending it out.

Illini_1979

Oregon
I'm guessing the marketing department includes designers (and some great ones at that) but no copywriter/editor. They need to send stuff like that to the DIA's communication dept so someone can give it the once-through before sending it out.

Maybe they did? :confused:

FT35

Naperville
Anyone think we actually can do so?

If the staff can pull off a bowl appearance with a team this young and without a lot of players who fit their schemes then the future looks great regardless of where Ford ends up.

the CEO i worked with for 15 years would admonish us if we spent time correcting typos in most of our communications but was unrelenting if not stated succinctly and on point - and if you hadn't thought about everything when cross-examined was merciless.
but I think public and/or marketing materials had a different standard

orange koolaid and some good luck: Ws = Ball State, WKU, Rutgers, Purdue, IU and an upset TBD. hope springs eternal

Deleted member 29907

D
word on the street is that Ford will be wearing the orange and blue if we make a bowl game this season.

We'll be there! If Beckman could do it - certainly Lovie and all will coach em up. Chayce, Mikie and Malik - weapons that will allow us to hold onto the ball much longer this year.

illinidarrin

from parts unknown
Tutu Atwell has decommitted from FAU. I'm thinking he will commit to us soon.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
goodbye Luke Ford!

It would be a good way for him to spurn the home town school without a lot of backlash. I mean, winning attracts recruits, and if we have a 3-9 season again I wouldn't blame him for going with a proven winner.

It would just be REALLY awesome if he came here to help turn us into that proven winner...

Hey all,

Who can give me a quick and dirty rundown of what we need and where we stand with football recruiting? I know nothing and would like to follow it.

Hey all,

Who can give me a quick and dirty rundown of what we need and where we stand with football recruiting? I know nothing and would like to follow it.

It's only 40 pages to go through ;)

- 11 out of 17ish scholarship slots filled but likely more to open with attrition

- current 11 are a solid group with speed and potential but lack any high end recruits

- staff seems to still be recruiting all positions

- waiting on a couple main targets in Craddieth (Missouri DB), Ford (big time Illinois TE who could choose any school), Avery (4 star DT from Texas is deciding on Friday with Illini in top 5), and Perkins (4 star DE from Missouri)

FT35

Naperville
It's only 40 pages to go through ;)

- 11 out of 17ish scholarship slots filled but likely more to open with attrition

- current 11 are a solid group with speed and potential but lack any high end recruits

- staff seems to still be recruiting all positions

- waiting on a couple main targets in Craddieth (Missouri DB), Ford (big time Illinois TE who could choose any school), Avery (4 star DT from Texas is deciding on Friday with Illini in top 5), and Perkins (4 star DE from Missouri)

Good breakdown.

Based on the offers and who we are targeting I would guess the remaining class will be:

1 QB
2 OL
2 WR
1 DL

I think at least three more spots open up and they can be spread out elsewhere or given to one of the longshot targets you mentioned above.

Good breakdown.

Based on the offers and who we are targeting I would guess the remaining class will be:

1 QB
2 OL
2 WR
1 DL

I think at least three more spots open up and they can be spread out elsewhere or given to one of the longshot targets you mentioned above.

Really great summaries. How do we look with some of the higher ranke guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.