Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
Yeah I think I we can get them on board soon it definitely helps with some other 4 ⭐️ players like jihrel Brock, shammond cooper, and Erick young

I don't think this dude has any interest in IL. Not enough to actually visit anyways. Would be super cool if he jumped on a plane and visited with Beason...but the odds are pretty thin.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
4 star CA LB Jonathon Perkins, 2020 DT Denver Warren will be at the Spring game. Hopefully, Jack Buford will be there too. Shammond Cooper is coming too.

Ira Henry received a Wisky offer today. Think it's just a matter of time before he gets a 4th star.

Last edited:
So right now as I have heard it’s going to be

5⭐️ Isaiah Williams

4⭐️ Marquez Beason, 4⭐️ Jason Bargy, 4⭐️ Shammond Cooper, 4⭐️ Jonathan Perkins, 4⭐️ Jack Buford, 4⭐️ Denver Warren(2020)

Plus I’m sure a bunch of 3 stars and 2020 recruits. Any big time names I’m missing? Would love if we got a couple more big names on campus.

Hey guys today Marquez Beason birthday if you have Twitter flood his TL with ILLINI Birthday wishes!!!

I don't think this dude has any interest in IL. Not enough to actually visit anyways. Would be super cool if he jumped on a plane and visited with Beason...but the odds are pretty thin.

Yep, thanks to MB for his effort but doesn't look like he's swaying his TX crew (Young, Wolfe, Curry, Ellis) This would've been a great time for any of them to join MB on the trip up to :illinois:

So right now as I have heard it’s going to be

5⭐️ Isaiah Williams

4⭐️ Marquez Beason, 4⭐️ Jason Bargy, 4⭐️ Shammond Cooper, 4⭐️ Jonathan Perkins, 4⭐️ Jack Buford, 4⭐️ Denver Warren(2020)

Plus I’m sure a bunch of 3 stars and 2020 recruits. Any big time names I’m missing? Would love if we got a couple more big names on campus.

Cooper, Bargy, Perkins added to Beason...those are the pieces to create a dominating Defense

Deleted member 654622

D
but this is the type of thing these recruits ask for on twitter....

It absolutely is. It is funny, someone either tweeted or posted on here that the recruiting class has built on twitter. Now that is not entirely true, but a lot of buzz we are getting from other recruits is because of twitter.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
4 star CA LB Jonathon Perkins, 2020 DT Denver Warren will be at the Spring game. Hopefully, Jack Buford will be there too. Shammond Cooper is coming too.

Ira Henry received a Wisky offer today. Think it's just a matter of time before he gets a 4th star.

As cold as it's going to be tomorrow, I hope I get a Whiskey offer tomorrow myself.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
It absolutely is. It is funny, someone either tweeted or posted on here that the recruiting class has built on twitter. Now that is not entirely true, but a lot of buzz we are getting from other recruits is because of twitter.
It has been fun to watch the players who have committed go after kids they want to play alongside.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Even more movement to Illinois on 247 for Jahleel Billingsley. Werner and Easterling picked Illinois an hour ago.

Billingsley commitment would take Illinois from 28th to 20th. Plus 4th in the B1G.

I would like a Jahleel Billingsley, Jason Bargy, Shammond Cooper, Fabian McCray quad of commitments this weekend.

Thank you.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
I would like a Jahleel Billingsley, Jason Bargy, Shammond Cooper, Fabian McCray quad of commitments this weekend.

Thank you.

From a few weeks ago, starting to look like it could be a good call by Bert:
Adding Jahleel Billingsley, Isaiah Williams, and Jason Bargy to Marquez Beason early would give us a composite score of 98.72 (Rank 13) and an average player rating of 95.15. Only other 4 recruit team ahead of Illinois would be Alabama with a 102.44 and average player rating of 96.13. Think about that!!!

Ahhh, a kid can dream, but this is totally doable!!! Let's get it done! We have the first domino. Who's next???
Not to rain on your parade Bert, but from what I have read, we are a long shot for Billingsley. Williams and Bargy would be excellent additions though!
I am man enough to admit when I am wrong! :thumb:

Has Billingsley made any kind of statement about when he expects to decide?

From a few weeks ago, starting to look like it could be a good call by Bert:

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong! :thumb:

What do you think our chances are with Cooper? Man, i would love to get a solid LB to continue a tradition that experienced a little gap time.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
What do you think our chances are with Cooper? Man, i would love to get a solid LB to continue a tradition that experienced a little gap time.
I was a bit hesitant to get excited, but I am beginning to think that the tide has turned. I would not be surprised if Cooper decided to join (hopefully soon), especially since he is a Trinity kid and he must be able to see the opportunity for early playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.