Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,502      
so if we taking a 25 man class in 2020 my ideal class would be
-James Frenchie, Zeriah beason , Dever warren, luke petitbon, jalen st. john, keith miller, marcellus moore and of course aj henning

#1,503      

FT35

Naperville
so if we taking a 25 man class in 2020 my ideal class would be
-James Frenchie, Zeriah beason , Dever warren, luke petitbon, jalen st. john, keith miller, marcellus moore and of course aj henning

My dream class based on semi-realistic targets and a class of 25:

QB - Chandler Galban
RB - Reggie Love, Mookie Cooper
APB/WR - AJ Henning or Marcellus Moore
WR - Zeriah Beason, James Frenchie, Jadon Thompson, Lawaun Powell, Keith Miller
OL - Luke Petitbon, Jalen St. John, Peter Skoronski, Javontez Spraggins
TE - ? I wouldn't take one in this class.
DE - Adrian Wilson, Shawn Lee
DT - Denver Warren, Kevon Billingsley
LB - Antonio Doyle, ?????? Need 2 more here
CB - Lorando Johnson, Ronald Pledger
S - Antonio Johnson, Chris Thompson, TJ Rush

#1,504      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

QB - Chandler Galban

I'll put the over/under at 5 for the number of these recruits who sign with Illinois. This is a great list and realistic in the targets. The low number is simply because new names emerge, some of these names will rise up or fall down, and the offer list will grow substantially.

#1,505      

QB - Chandler Galban

1st time I watched Chandler Galban's highlights. I know it's his HL but, the kid can sling and run pretty good.

#1,506      

Deleted member 654622

D

QB - Chandler Galban
Who would you say our number 1 target NEEDS to be? I am assuming its between Mookie and Zeriah. I would say Mookie

#1,507      
Now with 2 more lineman leaving we are definitely going to have to find a couple gems at the end of this class. Verdis and Julian Pearl are most likely going to have to transition to offensive line as well.

#1,508      
There's quite a few 2020 OL/DL instate prospects mentioned in this article:

https://247sports.com/Article/Recap-EdgyTimEFT-Showcase-Top-OLDL-Performers-128123855/

Sounds like Spraggins of East St. Louis had a very good day. Could be a P5 prospect as an interior lineman so it will be interesting to see if we offer him or not.

Also, Title mentioned him before but 8th grader Miles Mcvay of East St. Louis participated in this showcase and held his own against older participants. He's already 6'5 310 lbs. It'll be interesting to see how much he grows in the next couple of years.

That's incredible. That kid is massive!!

#1,509      

FT35

Naperville
Who would you say our number 1 target NEEDS to be? I am assuming its between Mookie and Zeriah. I would say Mookie

It probably should be Mookie since he was born to play in Rod Smith's offense and has probably been prioritized for a long time.

I'd also throw in Henning just because it would be a total game changer for instate recruiting and would make other instate recruits seriously consider Illinois. He's supposedly a package deal with Jadon Thompson and I'd hate to see those two end up at Purdue.

#1,510      
It probably should be Mookie since he was born to play in Rod Smith's offense and has probably been prioritized for a long time.

I'd also throw in Henning just because it would be a total game changer for instate recruiting and would make other instate recruits seriously consider Illinois. He's supposedly a package deal with Jadon Thompson and I'd hate to see those two end up at Purdue.
I think it’s a 1A 1B on those guys being the top priority for the staff.

#1,511      

FT35

Naperville
It sounds like OL Cedric Claiborne is visiting next week. Given his offer list and the fact that we are his last OV, I would imagine we can land him if we push for him.

With 5 available scholarships I hope some other recruits or transfers emerge.

#1,513      
Things have slowed down around here quite a bit, but no news this weekend would definitely be good news to me.
https://247sports.com/college/flori...ig-Recruiting-Weekend-Live-Updates-128284652/

I would be very surprised if Cooper flipped with all that's going on at FSU. Just my opinion, I think his mom wants him with coaches she trusts. With Taggert getting sued and recruiting troubles, I just don't see it. It also helps that it's going to be cold in Tallahassee this weekend.

#1,514      
It sounds like OL Cedric Claiborne is visiting next week. Given his offer list and the fact that we are his last OV, I would imagine we can land him if we push for him.

With 5 available scholarships I hope some other recruits or transfers emerge.
Should close on him....kid could be a really good get.

Status
Not open for further replies.