Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Love and Frenchie just tweeted that they wont be doing any interviews anytime soon. Could be about IL, could be about thier HS team.
Considering where we are at. I'm worried it's about IL
its beef between Patterson and that Ryan Evan guy.

Evidently Patterson got tired of his negative tweets that happened to have Patterson in the thread. He said not to talk to his recruits anymore. Then Love and Frenchie tweeted they would not being doing interviews.

Deleted member 654622

D
Yes that's him. Evidently Patterson got tired of his negative tweets that happened to have Patterson in the thread. He said not to talk to his recruits anymore. Then Love and Frenchie tweeted they would not being doing interviews.
Thanks for the info.
I guess people can look at that both ways
A. Corey is being sensitive and should know its a part of the gig. If you don't like it, be better
B. Corey is showing some fire and sucking is clearly bothering him, which we want coaches who care

Thanks for the info.
I guess people can look at that both ways
A. Corey is being sensitive and should know its a part of the gig. If you don't like it, be better
B. Corey is showing some fire and sucking is clearly bothering him, which we want coaches who care
Yeah, it's unfortunate it continued to carry on. I agree, Corey might want stop responding. The Ryan guy didn't do himself any favors, regardless how he views himself.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Yeah, it's unfortunate it continued to carry on. I agree, Corey might want stop responding. The Ryan guy didn't do himself any favors, regardless how he views himself.
Ryan blocked me a while ago for who knows what, so thanks for the summary...

DT target Goram-Welch commits to Okie St as expected. It's hard to convince recruits that we're building a winning culture and things are changing when they see the same results on the field. Sounds like Joe Moore will be next to disappoint the staff

DT target Goram-Welch commits to Okie St as expected. It's hard to convince recruits that we're building a winning culture and things are changing when they see the same results on the field. Sounds like Joe Moore will be next to disappoint the staff
One way or another we will learn. The question is how much will it cost us. Guess even that doesn't matter.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Interesting that we are apparently getting a visit from Dual-threat quarterback Gregory Spann this weekend. Given some previous comments regarding the uncertainty of CJ Dixon making it to campus, Spann would be a nice pickup. I would think that it has to be a tough sell to get anyone to jump on board at this point, though.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gregory-Spann-46054225/

We knew this was coming long ago, or so I’m told. The “let’s aim lower” strategy has been in affect for weeks.

Huge miss.

Deleted member 3329

D
If we lose "Lovie Shack" at the end of the year....how does that look to keep our recruits? When LS only lands 2/3 star recruits it's hard to hang with the tough Big 10! Why can't Illinois ever get it "right?"

If we lose "Lovie Shack" at the end of the year....how does that look to keep our recruits? When LS only lands 2/3 star recruits it's hard to hang with the tough Big 10! Why can't Illinois ever get it "right?"
It undoubtedly will hurt, but with this being a relatively smaller class I think it would be better to take our lumps this year, give the incoming staff a bit of time to work on the 2021 class that will likely need be maxed out on numbers.

Gregory Spann and Antonio Doyle both got to experience the big one today. I have no Doyle but if this got us into his mix, wow. It still doesn’t make up for losing Moore (When we desperately need pass rushers) but Doyle is a legitimate talent.

How many left to fill for this year? Good news is if we finish strong, we can have a nice pitch with the late blooming guys who blow up their senior year. There aren't too many left to fill, right?

Also a positive should we finish strong is repairing the damage with the 21's.

I was reading the carousel thread religiously 2 days ago, and now I'm all amped up about the possibilities w/ our current staff....silly me, can't keep myself in check. But it's more fun to be amped up at least.

How many left to fill for this year? Good news is if we finish strong, we can have a nice pitch with the late blooming guys who blow up their senior year. There aren't too many left to fill, right?

Also a positive should we finish strong is repairing the damage with the 21's.

I was reading the carousel thread religiously 2 days ago, and now I'm all amped up about the possibilities w/ our current staff....silly me, can't keep myself in check. But it's more fun to be amped up at least.

You hit the nail on the head. I didn’t realize Doyle would be there yesterday, if we could get seriously into his mix that’s a bit of a game changer (He’s every bit as talented as his rating would suggest) but I’m generally of the opinion that this 2020 class is what it is at this point. Well do well to simply hold our ground with the commitments we do have after missing out on kids like Mookie and Joe Moore. Yesterday was really about the 2021 class. It could be huge towards those efforts.

I also recently found out that we’re in on Kendrick Blackshire, something everyone says was common knowledge. That’s insane. That kid, another Duncanville talent, is....unbelievable.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I'm seeing a bunch of updates on Twitter about some good visitors this weekend. Anyone have any updates on the big fish (Doyle) or anyone else who was here? Should we be anticipating anything soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.