Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When looking at the film of this class I am extremely surprised at the Florida guys (Rosiek, Moffitt, Edwards, and Bryant) as they all seem vastly underrated. On the other hand not so impressed with the Georgia or Texas commits so far. Interesting how they keep pulling these guys with crazy athleticism from the sunshine state.

So even though we were in the top couple teams in TOs last year, you think we had a horrible defense? Interesting view...
Our defense improved a lot last year but we were still below average as a whole.
(54) scoring defense 26.2 points
(77) Yards per game 408.5
(62) Red zone defense 83%

Moffitt is a guy I really like. His size has to be the reason he’s not ranked higher, right?
It’s exposure and offers. A lot of guys have been limited with the amount of times they could be seen with the cancelation of camps. Lots of guys like moffit and rosiek are ranked lower cause they never got to go to mega camps and rack up more offers.

South Carolina
Our defense improved a lot last year but we were still below average as a whole.
(54) scoring defense 26.2 points
(77) Yards per game 408.5
(62) Red zone defense 83%
Yeah they did improve. A lot of the statistical improvements were impacted by the forced turnovers like the scoring defense. The defense did put together a few really solid games such as Wisconsin and Iowa.

When looking at the film of this class I am extremely surprised at the Florida guys (Rosiek, Moffitt, Edwards, and Bryant) as they all seem vastly underrated. On the other hand not so impressed with the Georgia or Texas commits so far. Interesting how they keep pulling these guys with crazy athleticism from the sunshine state.
McConnell will be very good who is from GA. He is quick of the ball. Put on some good weight with Lou , he will be fine. I haven't watched any of Prince's film yet.

Let's hope so. He looks like a good recruit. Can't help but take FL speed. I still do not understand why ILL HS kids don't want to come to Champaign especially the top 10-12. Yes, I understand when ND, MI, OSU come in it is hard to compete with them. If they want to go elsewhere then get the FL, GA, and TX kids. HS football is different. Ric Flair was a great showman. I hope to see a few more Ric Flairs because diamonds are forever and so are the four horsemen.

Cincinnati, OH
It’s exposure and offers. A lot of guys have been limited with the amount of times they could be seen with the cancelation of camps. Lots of guys like moffit and rosiek are ranked lower cause they never got to go to mega camps and rack up more offers.

Camp performance is a zero sum game. Some attendees perform well, therefore others do not. The likely outcome from the lack of football this summer (and this fall?) is you are going to see greater variance on player performance based on ratings and team landing spots. If it was easy to project certain recruits would have performed well, coaching staffs would do the same (and made offers in a response).

Camp performance is a zero sum game. Some attendees perform well, therefore others do not. The likely outcome from the lack of football this summer (and this fall?) is you are going to see greater variance on player performance based on ratings and team landing spots. If it was easy to project certain recruits would have performed well, coaching staffs would do the same (and made offers in a response).
Yes to a certain degree you are correct. But the one thing a lot of our commits have are P5 traits. Moffits speed and size would have for sure gotten him some more looks at camps. We offered the Army commit based purely off speed (he doesn’t even have much LB film). Yes some recruits wouldn’t preform very well, but it’s not gonna cost them offers just stunt the ability to land more. Even a guy like rosiek missed a big chance to prove himself at camps this summer/fall. My one big compliment of this staff is the ability to identity under recruited talent, I think the slow burn approach helps us here. Werner, Easterling and everybody else who watched rosieks film came away very impressed, which to me shows he would have picked up more offers if we let his recruitment play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.