Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so what is his beef then? Is he shoving his FCS prospects to Mizzou too or was that just Illinois? Illinois does not just cut ties with ESL for no reason.
There is no beef. That is my point. There is no underlying issue. Kids chose other schools. Jimbo visited ESL more than Lovie did. Pretty simple.

I speak with the staff almost every day. I don't have to make anything up. I was just with Coach Sunkett last night.

How about this tweet?
Okay then ask him why Iroquois west showed up to the instate zoom call and he didn’t. Also ask him why he has never tweeted out a single pro illini edit for a player but has done it 3 times for mizzou. I just think you are too close to see things for how they really are.

Okay then ask him why Iroquois west showed up to the instate zoom call and he didn’t. Also ask him why he has never tweeted out a single pro illini edit for a player but has done it 3 times for mizzou. I just think you are too close to see things for how they really are.
Also...why would IW get an invite and ESL not unless there is beef?

Yeah that’s not true at all. They were Invited and sent the code for the call. They didn’t show. Want to know something else. Only 1 school showed up for the instate zoom call, Iroquois west was the only school that showed up.
If only one school showed up there has to be a disconnect somewhere. Out of 500 plus high schools in Illinois, only one show up? Who are we kidding. May just be results of hiring a Texas person to improve relations with Illinois Coaches. Not saying anything negative, just pointing out facts. If I took a job in Texas I wouldn't know where to start. Part of the process.

If only one school showed up there has to be a disconnect somewhere. Out of 500 plus high schools in Illinois, only one show up? Who are we kidding. May just be results of hiring a Texas person to improve relations with Illinois Coaches. Not saying anything negative, just pointing out facts. If I took a job in Texas I wouldn't know where to start. Part of the process.
Not doubting the disconnect in state at all. Especially the Chicago area. There is a reason Illinois is stepping back from the state and going to FL, GA, and TX. Didn't Mizzou offer Powell too? Also, I wanted an in state coach in Washingtons position as well.

Last edited:
According PIF, They did get an invite.
The invites were sent to all Illinois coaching staffs/AD's. Sunket and his staff got an invite they didn't show. IW was the only in-state school that logged into the zoom meeting. Also Illinois has gotten 1 out of 12 kids from ESTL that they offered. Is that a good return on investment? Sunket can give whatever quote or eyewash that he wants, but actions speak louder then words.

The invites were sent to all Illinois coaching staffs/AD's. Sunket and his staff got an invite they didn't show. IW was the only in-state school that logged into the zoom meeting. Also Illinois has gotten 1 out of 12 kids from ESTL that they offered. Is that a good return on investment? Sunket can give whatever quote or eyewash that he wants, but actions speak louder then words.
Who are the 12 kids that were offered?

How do you know that? I asked and was told they didn't receive an invite.

Thank you for posting that now do you have an answer to my comment about that tweet?

Illinois must have been recruiting there pretty well at that time then right?
Not really. He was taking the initial step after having a conversation with Lovie about in state recruiting. After that tweet, he made phone calls to several coaches in the state and MOST stated that Illinois haven't really been to visit them. Also if you read the comments, he took a beating from Mizzou fans for making the tweet. Recruitment didn't pick up for AJ until Keynodo arrived.

Not really. He was taking the initial step after having a conversation with Lovie about in state recruiting. After that tweet, he made phone calls to several coaches in the state and MOST stated that Illinois haven't really been to visit them. Also if you read the comments, he took a beating from Mizzou fans for making the tweet. Recruitment didn't pick up for AJ until Keynodo arrived.
Wait...so...Keynado went hard after AJ? Gill Byrd did not recruit anyone. Lovie must not have been doing much to land ESL kids either if Sunkett was saying all that.

Why would any Coach respond to that? What is the topic? What is the purpose? Also if you really want someone on a call, you are gone to send out a blanket tweet?
Too me it kind of looks like she may be giving in state coaches a chance to open the door and build relationships with our staff. Is that not how you see it?

Wait...so...Keynado went hard after AJ? Gill Byrd did not recruit anyone. Lovie must not have been doing much to land ESL kids either if Sunkett was saying all that.
Gill Byrd came to ESL once. Only once which is why he is struggling at Kentucky or wherever he is.

Lovett, Lewis, Macon, Spraggins, Johnson, Billingsly, Powell, jeff thomas, Estes, Lagrone, James Knight, Stanley Green, Simms, Beckner JR, Watson, Ivy.

So Illinois has gotten 2 out of the last 16 offered prospects from ESTL. To me that is showing that sunkets actions and words aren't coinciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.