Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tell anyone but it is starting to look like we could build a really solid unit from under recruited Illinois lineman....
Won't know for a few years of course. Rule of thumb is that it's better to get recruits who have offers from Wisky and Iowa than ones who have offers from Bowling Green and Columbia

Always in favor of landing higher talent, but man there has to be a lot of cases where the 4 stars come to us and the ego gets the better of the work effort. If you're thinking you're better than the average Illini, that shoulder chip gets in the way. I want the 3 star that feels they fit. Hungry!

Always in favor of landing higher talent, but man there has to be a lot of cases where the 4 stars come to us and the ego gets the better of the work effort. If you're thinking you're better than the average Illini, that shoulder chip gets in the way. I want the 3 star that feels they fit. Hungry!

Barlev is interesting because he wrestled. He should be good with balance and has a lot to work with. A lot of OL coaches like those qualities.

Deleted member 654622

D
Won't know for a few years of course. Rule of thumb is that it's better to get recruits who have offers from Wisky and Iowa than ones who have offers from Bowling Green and Columbia
That is why I made sure I included the all important "could" in my post. Yes it would be nice to land high ranked dudes, but give me a wrestling state champion any day of the week

Peterson committing at 12 and it is not looking good. I'm pretty surprised actually. We were in a real good spot.

Critiquing/evaluating football film is not a personal strength of mine, but this dude is fast!

he definitely looks football fast in his film. His track numbers don’t show it as much which is surprising. 10.96 100, 22.62 200 and 18’2.5 LJ.

Obviously track season was cut short, so if he was gonna max out I’d think he get around 10.6-10.7, 100 and 21.5-22 200 and 20-21 LJ.

obviously a lot of guessing after his listed PRs, but I expected better after I watched the film.

he definitely looks football fast in his film. His track numbers don’t show it as much which is surprising. 10.96 100, 22.62 200 and 18’2.5 LJ.

Obviously track season was cut short, so if he was gonna max out I’d think he get around 10.6-10.7, 100 and 21.5-22 200 and 20-21 LJ.

obviously a lot of guessing after his listed PRs, but I expected better after I watched the film.
This young man has missed his Jr track season and 2021 would be his Senior year of track. Two years can make a huge difference.

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I think I'd take a football player at 10.6-10.7 in a heartbeat. Now if he's primarily a track guy that needs to learn the game in Champaign - probably a different matter.

Dan

Admin
ATH Theodore Lockley decommits
link

illini80

Forgottonia
I believe we were Lockley’s best offer. Wonder what changed? Can we use basketball excuses?? Didn’t fit the system, growth plates closed, only want guys that want to be here, mother wanted him closer to home?

I believe we were Lockley’s best offer. Wonder what changed? Can we use basketball excuses?? Didn’t fit the system, growth plates closed, only want guys that want to be here, mother wanted him closer to home?

I think he wants to be on tHe offensive side

Maybe I missed someone, but it looks like the coaches were treating about a new commit last night. Any idea who it might be?

Deleted member 654622

D
Roderick Perry. FCS- pre season all American. DT- 6’2 and 300. Thought of as a possible NFL draft pick.
seth-epic-eye-rub-KKl7gCbl4mzaOpTsfEQaSg.gif

Roderick Perry. FCS- pre season all American. DT- 6’2 and 300. Thought of as a possible NFL draft pick.

Would definitely boost the defensive line. If only we can get one more ready pass rusher to help Gay. However, this guy seems like he would bring disruptive rush from the tackle position.

Dan

Admin
Illinois IHSA moves high school football to the spring, season will start sometime around Feb. 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.